**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

We don't need Kabam created characters...

The marvel universe (comics and movies) has a ton of characters to choose from including alternate versions of characters in "What If". I don't know about everyone here but i would much prefer seeing characters from the comics and movies over the new characters introduced this month that are Kabam creations. I have zero interest in grinding or wasting units on these characters so I guess that's the silver lining...its going to save me time and money.

The reason i came to this game in the first place was my love for marvel characters. If i wanted other characters there are plenty of other games I could have chosen from.

Comments

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Would it be better for you if they were in a comic or a movie first?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,754 ★★★★★
    I am guessing the created champions is a condition (requirement) imposed on the game developer by Marvel.
  • SyiionicSyiionic Posts: 64
    Ouch....if you don’t know why they make new characters then you really don’t understand the point of the game. And btw, Kabam has to get the okay from Marvel before they can put characters in the game. Even the original characters like Killmonger for example. So virtually, they are making Marvel characters, just not by the team you like. But hey, who am I to to judge.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    It’s their game, they can do what they want. I personally like these new different champs, they seem to be making them more interesting. Aegon looks awesome.
  • SyiionicSyiionic Posts: 64
    Me too, and if you haven’t already, a poster was just dropped off the supposed boss of Act Six
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I don't mind them adding original champions to the game in addition to the marvel ones if they make sense and are interesting and I would mind them adding some characters from future fight in the mix to which has a lot of marvel characters and some original ones.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    lol, guillo and morningstar are GREAT, better than half of the in-game official champs
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Its better they are able to occasionally create new characters, they are free to come up with whatever abilities they want and not have to follow a guideline of an existing character
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    I mean, they can create champions. So they will since they want to and makes them proud for doing something new.
  • Morningstar is trash
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Lazerblam wrote: »
    Morningstar is trash

Use her much?
  • I did til i realised she was trash
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I don't mind the original characters for the most part, I just wish they would use their resources towards putting characters like silver surfer and doctor doom into the game instead. I personally think that characters like this brand new one and Morningstar look more like they belong in a mortal Kombat or something.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    In a way I agree with the OP. Game gets diluted down with B-list and made up champs where our favorites and Marvel classics are left on the bench because they simply cannot compete (why are these B-listers stronger?).

Additionally, too many champs makes the game increasingly more difficult to pull the champs we do want (let alone duping them), and the additional coding required for these new champs seems to introduce more and more bugs.

Game has been slowly devolving into "Marvel's B-List Contest of Bugs". Not very often we see a good game slowly revert to a Beta...

On the other hand, it is fun learning so much of the sub-culture and in-depth history of the classics by being introduced to the "rest of the story." New "made-up" champs can be fun to explore as well.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    thanks for the feedback. i honestly thought the majority would be against it but the thread here is proof otherwise. i still think its a shame they introduce their own new characters where there are so many unused characters from the marvel library. I mean the Fantastic Four, Darkhawk, Major Victory, Killraven, Deathlok are just a few off the top of my head i would love to see join the contest.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Starhawk wrote: »
    thanks for the feedback. i honestly thought the majority would be against it but the thread here is proof otherwise. i still think its a shame they introduce their own new characters where there are so many unused characters from the marvel library. I mean the Fantastic Four, Darkhawk, Major Victory, Killraven, Deathlok are just a few off the top of my head i would love to see join the contest.

I don't think it's a matter of one or the other. The number of created Champs is quite small. There is lots of room for existing Champs. I just like that they create new ones now and then.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I don't think there would be so much backlash if Kabam had not blown the opportunities for this month. With Venom hitting the theaters there was a clear desire for the players to get there hands on champs from the symbiote family and instead we were given Venom Duck (a symbiote enhanced bad champ) and the Symbiote Supreme (a complete design rip off of Spawn). No Riot, Scream, Anti-Venom, etc.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    D List champs are awesome