**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

1* Symbiote NOT getting the Sonic VIbration global buff when placed on defense!

Good day all

We just got into our last War of the season to find the opposition had place 2 1* Symbiotes in defense! Easy kills we laughed after kabam had said there is a global node giving the symbiote 200% extra damage taken.

To our surprise we found that the 'global'buff only takes effect on a node when it is linked! as such once the defensive node is unlinked the symbiote is unaffected by any specific buff & its business as usual

We currently had them placed on 28 & 55 (debuff immune mini) I have attached screenshots of the debuff immune mini as node 28 has already been taken down.

@Kabam Miike can we please have this resolved as all of a sudden everyone will have a hugely powerful champion to place on defense....

@RichTheMan this may be worth featuring on MCOC news...

9v3ic3cwx6nv.pngez0scj0iai22.png

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    What are you talking about, the 200% increased damage is coming from sonic vibrations, which is a GLOBAL node, and NOT related to the linked(purple) nodes. In case you don't know, the global node is the grey one......
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157
    Click on Incoming as you are only showing local nodes. The Sonic Vibration is a global node which mean it is incoming and wouldn't show on the local node you have selected in your first picture.
    Click on Incoming as you are only showing local nodes. The Sonic Vibration is a global node which mean it is incoming and wouldn't show on the local node you have selected in your first picture.

He has the incoming section in the second photo....
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    My bad my allaince mate that fought node 28 reckoned there was no extra damage, Im taking node 55 in an hour or so will check the nodes in the pause menu to confirm thanks guys!
    Losspik wrote: »
    My bad my allaince mate that fought node 28 reckoned there was no extra damage, Im taking node 55 in an hour or so will check the nodes in the pause menu to confirm thanks guys!

Maybe they were fighting a r5 symbioid, which kabam claims is a 6* r2 equivalent, so 200% more damage is insignificant compared to the damage it can deal.
    They are Definitely R5s will check it out for myself just now he has a video I will record mine as well, we are both using 5/65 blades.
    OK so this is the video of node 28, its low res but this is a 5/65 Blade WITH danger sense doing 5k mediums this is most definitely not 200% increased attack.

I dont have a youtube channel so have to give a google drive link to the video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BvVqjiCvme_SJ53AO-9Z_bwsTVwkqJwo/view?usp=sharing
  • OzwoldoOzwoldo Posts: 5
    Working as intended :D
    2nd video of Debuff immune mini much better quality than the earlier one even though I'm mildly boosted its definitely not 200% increased attack.

@Kabam Miike please get the team to have a look at it as its going to cause havok in lower tier AW.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1os7JTNNozvxC2lkcuJvGclInXXMowpPL
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    Don't know what you were expecting.
    Clearly the node only affects you when you use the symbiod during the attack phase. It shouldn't affect him if he is placed as a defensor.
    Nothing new really, and it was already discussed and confirmed in other threads
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,011 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Losspik wrote: »
    2nd video of Debuff immune mini much better quality than the earlier one even though I'm mildly boosted its definitely not 200% increased attack.

@Kabam Miike please get the team to have a look at it as its going to cause havok in lower tier AW.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1os7JTNNozvxC2lkcuJvGclInXXMowpPL

Your attack isnt increased by 200%. The Symbiote takes 200% more damage. 1hp= 2hp.

So if your attack hit for 2500 then you'd see 5k instead.
  • OzwoldoOzwoldo Posts: 5
    Or just remove the option of placing him for alliance war completley. Save confusion and people giving away unnecessary deaths
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,011 ★★★★★
    5oltrphe6yyd.png
    Also this is taken from your video. It has the global debuff on. Its got well over 200k health as well, even blade isn't going to show that much damage to him.

The problem is blade at 5/65 with danger sense does 5k crits on mediums normally, so there definitely isnt any extra damage being dealt. at platinum AW its not an issue but for silver and lower it will definitely cause issues with 200k health defenders.

Don't know what you were expecting.
    Clearly the node only affects you when you use the symbiod during the attack phase. It shouldn't affect him if he is placed as a defensor.
    Nothing new really, and it was already discussed and confirmed in other threads

8qgishc9zbn3.png

Just saying...
  • digidivdigidiv Posts: 16
    If Kabam were really serious about not having the symbioids in AW they would have made the mode 1000% damage, or more - 200% doesn't even deter people
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    digidiv wrote: »
    If Kabam were really serious about not having the symbioids in AW they would have made the mode 1000% damage, or more - 200% doesn't even deter people

Why Not one 1m istand. Then it wuld be a one short and 1hit Ko
    or better yet, in addition to the +200% damage, inflict passive degeneration on the symbioid that takes away 3% health every second just like in dungeons
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Anyone at Kabam ever look into this? Multiple alliances are starting to exploit this bug in aw now. There are even videos popping up on YouTube about it.
  • I would hope the people/alliances abusing this would get tiers knocked off and players banned. I just reported an alliance who had quite a few placed.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Can confirm lol. Opposing ally put one on node 29. We haven’t fought him yet....
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    Symbiod defenders are not affected by this node, I have fought a couple and they do not take 200% more damage.
  • THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    the 200% extra damage taken by symboids has never been working in AWD.

We've been placing him in AWD and he gets kills because people don't expect a long fight due to his large health pool and strong attack.
  • Zayo_278Zayo_278 Posts: 264
    It’s a problem that’ll go away soon
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    We had one as final boss. It wasn't hard per say, but it's almost a guaranteed kill bc of all the health. You'll time out.
    THX135 wrote: »
    the 200% extra damage taken by symboids has never been working in AWD.

We've been placing him in AWD and he gets kills because people don't expect a long fight due to his large health pool and strong attack.

Technically that's a bug and knowingly exploiting a bug is actually a punishible offense in Kabam's TOS. People have been even banned for exploiting known bugs in the past. He's going away today anyways so not sure it matters at this point, but I wouldn't do it anymore if he somehow manages to stick around a little longer.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Placing him in Defense is not an exploit. We're free to use him in War. Knowing that there is some kind of loophole may be exploitative, but they can't reasonably punish everyone who placed him in Defense. As for the bug, I only used him for Attack so I never encountered it. He was definitely taking 200% more Damage there.
    edited November 2018
    Considering there was a global nodes that was not working correctly it's a bug, and taking advantage of it by placing 5 mini bosses of symbiote knowing this plus placing videos of it on YouTube to show people it was dominating wars when it should not have been would indeed be exploiting that bug. Doesn't matter now anyways.