**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Deadpool XForce - should we buff? [edited by a moderator for clarity]

LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
edited October 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
Every now and then I just have to state how much I wish yall would do something about the extreme truthiness of deadpool xforce. That time is once again upon us. He is probably the worst 6 star available and not good for much. Just a thought... lined with heavy desire
Post edited by Kabam Porkchop on

Comments

• LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    Btw I wrote trashiness not truthiness... darn autocorrect
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Agreed. Many of the 6* in the pool need an update because 90% of them are trash.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Honestly 90% if champs released prior to 12.0 need a rework.

Barring SW, SL, Magik, Quake, Hype, and some other odds and ends.

Drax literally just got shafted harder thanks to Venom and Carnage upgrades removing Drax from “Draxing”. Black Panther Classic hasn’t been relevant since GP and that’s only gotten worse, Electro meet Korg, Magneto meet GP and Iceman, DS meet Sym-Supreme, Spidey meet Wasp… so many of them (even those that aren’t the godly few but hung on) need a revamp badly
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

Drax literally just got shafted harder thanks to Venom and Carnage upgrades removing Drax from “Draxing”. Black Panther Classic hasn’t been relevant since GP and that’s only gotten worse, Electro meet Korg, Magneto meet GP and Iceman, DS meet Sym-Supreme, Spidey meet Wasp… so many of them (even those that aren’t the godly few but hung on) need a revamp badly

StarLord is fine tbh bro maybe an increase in health but besides that he's fine
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited October 2018

I can think of Hawkeye, Wolverine, X23, Vision, Ultron, CapWW2, Psylocke, NC, and a few mystics from pre v12.0 that aren't still outdated and are still fine in End game content. That'll may change for Wolvie as I don't see Kabam planning releasing him as a 5*. yet...

I honestly think characters like Gamora, Jane Thor, DPX, Cyclops, RR, Hulkbuster need a revamp. and 5 of the 6 champs i mentioned ARE in the 6* crystal.
    Other thing to add there are champions that are good or even more (BP) but kinda... outdated since even though they are good you can think of options that do the same but better and can do even more (GP, X23, etc). and unless you desperate and you don't have better options the good champ will rest in the omission. and just be arena fodder.
    Alpha07 wrote: »

I can think of Hawkeye, Wolverine, X23, Vision, Ultron, CapWW2, Psylocke, NC, and a few mystics from pre v12.0 that aren't still outdated and are still fine in End game content. That'll may change for Wolvie as I don't see Kabam planning releasing him as a 5*. yet...

I honestly think characters like Gamora, Jane Thor, DPX, Cyclops, RR, Hulkbuster need a revamp. and 5 of the 6 champs i mentioned ARE in the 6* crystal.
    Other thing to add there are champions that are good or even more (BP) but kinda... outdated since even though they are good you can think of options that do the same but better and can do even more (GP, X23, etc). and unless you desperate and you don't have better options the good champ will rest in the omission. and just be arena fodder.

I said SL wasn’t one of the ones that didn’t need a revamp

And Psylocke DESPERATELY needs a little extra something or she’s just a worse Magik.

But yeah a lot of older champs are still “useable” like Wolverine and X23… but then you have Beast who lemme just say is Sabertooth gets a thick hide for cold immune hive BEAST some love… also he’s really meh too as he’s mostly just “chip heal” in the same vein as “chip damage” and lowering the enemy power gain meh

But then you have Groot and OML who could be so great if that own crits and specials could fuel their berserker modes. OML especially would be amazing and Groot would at least have his Sp3 severely destructive (granted seeing something like frostbite or deep wounds surrounding splinters or something could work)

Then you have the 2 magneto… offensive and defensive Magneto dynamic focused on metal champs ala blade!

And Black Panther Classic (and DPXF) desperately needs ANYTHING! GP, X23, Venom, Carnage, Drax, Medusa… so many better options. Same with Gamora and basically all the Pre-Spider armors. Storm maybe make her “Proximity immune” because of her winds? Abomination has a simple fix I won’t even mention, and then you have Colossus who really should have his Emma and Omega Synergies built in as they are significant mechanics. Black Bolt needs some serious improvements like concussion and maybe an Echo like Quake from his Sp3, DS just “undo” 12.0

And I could go on with minor tweaks like giving Hawkeye trick arrows and Shock/Incinerate for Sp1-2 and allow Hemhorage to “recharge” when the first one expires (and while you’re at it give a cool down on Gamora’s Assassination). And we need to teach Iron Fist new techniques like Armor Shatter and harder crits and either fate seal or Stagger maybe some Bishop-style alternate damage.

I am going to stop there but I think I kinda made my point.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    You're right.

I was not thinking about deadpool X force when I read the title.
  • DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    Yes: both DPs need upgrades. Not just through synergys.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319
    I kinda liked how they did it with this month's event, buffed venom & carnage, when ur building a new event try to base it around certain older characters and buff them before the event starts, there could even be times where u don't bring in new champs just buff the ones u have, I mean for the most part new characters are throw away or used only in arena, all the hype around a new champ and then there forgotten the next month.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I agree with @Epsilon3 and your changes. Doesn't have to be major at all and can be done simply like what they did with Juggs this month.

Mag(s): Just make it something like Danger Sense where they also get an attack boost.
    Abom: Yes, just make his attacks have a basic chance to poison which is an obvious fix.
    DPX: Add a regen to his power gain maybe? Also add that bleed on each hit to him normally without the sig needed. Put the regen on his sig or something. Maybe give him a little Prowess charge or two, not to much like Bishop but enough to make his Specials look decent and have some good bleed damage.
    Cap OG and Cap WWII: Add a chance concussion effect for attacks that land with his shield only.
    Gamora and Hawkeye: Give them the Luke Cage treatment and make the sigs not only once.
    Groot and OML: As you said, give them higher burst potential when they snap (OML would be crazy strong because he already can do some good damage if you get enough stacks).
    Cyclops(s): Give their beams some extra effects, maybe Incinerate or something considering Hyperion also shoots eye lasers and his Incinerate is amazing
    DS: Better regen and add him as a 5 star (or 6 star) and give his sig an additional ability where each buff nullified gives him 3-7% of his max power to help with that slow ass power gain.
    Thor: Add as 5 or 6 star
    Wolvie and SW: Add as 5 stars but not 6 stars yet (yes yes, a sig 200 SW would be the strongest champ in game we all know this but still).
    Iron Men (Sup, IM, IP): More damage would be nice, maybe higher special damage and better armor breaks
    Col: As you said, add those new synergies to him normally
    Beast: Alittle better regen numbers
    Psylocke: Remove her less power gain on attacks and that "getting hit gives power" and better crit damage
    Gambit: Combine both his charges together and make them permanent when holding block unless you get hit which would have a 30% chance you lose all and have to start over (his damage would be insane on specials)
    Storm: Give her specials a high crit chance (like Carnage or SW)
    Iron Fist: Nullify on ALL crits, better armor breaks, higher damage but keep him as a glass cannon
    Ant-Man: Add a "Giant Man" feature you can hold block or something and he gets as big as Sentinel with doubled attack (or 3x) but you loose the ability to Glance and instead gain the ability to Concuss on attacks like LC.
    Spidergwen: Give her SP1 at least something that caused damage. Maybe she shoots a web or two while she spins.
    OG BP: Should be King Bleed, so let him act like it.
    DD Netflix: Better Dodge chance that scales with sig like OG DD
    Falcon: Double (at least) lock on time, less cool down, hold block timer change to 1 second (or at least 1.5)
    Karnak: Double True Strike timer, should gain True Strike on Focus (optional if you double his true strike duration), lower base attack damage but higher crit damage meaning he's a crit focused champ.
    Rocket: Higher Crit damage
    Hulkbuster: Crit Resistance the lower his health gets passive effect from his sig and the more armor he gets AND each armor up reduces offensive ability acc by say 10% each, plus permanent armor ups on each 25% marks oh health loss that carries over fights (so if you fight a HB on AWD at 25% health left he'll start the fight with 4 armor ups that don't drop off unless nullified). So his defense will be a combo of IMIW and OG Ultron in how the more armor ups IMIW gets the more crit resistance he gets and OG Ultron's armor ups are crazy good) and the ability reduction on armor ups like Civil Warrior. This would make him a Wall on defense on the right nodes but still have many champs who can get past him.
    Punisher 2099: Make his sig have an additional effect of "each battery usage is 1-50% less depending on sig level so at sig 99 all his usages cost 50% less. Also possible addition to his sig would be when in overdrive, it drains the battery 20% slower.
    BW: 5 star version with about 85-90% AA reduction at sig 200
    KK: Infinite stacking Furies since they are weak but you have a 35% chance to lose them on being hit. That or make the Furies actually meaning something like Angela, Hyperion or Hela levels of actually mattering when active and keep how they work the same as now. Also when charging her heavy make it so you never lose those Fury from the heavy unless you get hit so you can carry around 3 always unless hit but make the strength of these only about %33 of her attack so having all 3 gives her doubled attack.

These changes are game braking and crazy (The Hulk Buster one may be alittle extra as it'll make him a nightmare on defense tho) and will make all the champs named actually better or even just usable.

Thoughts anyone?

DO NOT(!) give Cyclops incinerate. They are kinetic beams not heat beams.

However things I want see are:
    New heavy attacks. Let Cyclops do a blast that acts kinda like sym Spider’s

New “stances”: Iron Fist should be able to activate his fist after specials giving him a decent run with true accuracy and guaranteed crits. And when the fist expires all armor breaks have their duration extended.

DS needs a little love. Add better Crit rate on fury, immunity on armor, and make his regen slightly closer to GR’s. SP3 gives him all his stances, Sp2 can either armor break, leave the enemy stunned or siphon power meter depending on fury, armor or pink.
    Do a beta on these tweak each effect and make 5*. We got a better DS as 5* with Sym-Supreme anyways.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    That may be the case, but they still do burn things and cause explosion damage as far as I know. You mean like Starky not Sym Spidey?

I like the Iron fist idea and it would make sense.
    Saiyan wrote: »
    That may be the case, but they still do burn things and cause explosion damage as far as I know. You mean like Starky not Sym Spidey?

I like the Iron fist idea and it would make sense.

Actually like both of them. Heavily stackable armor breaks, from an energy based heavy attack.

The burning is mostly movies and non-616. Main continuity has his eyes acting as portals to a dimension of pure kinetic energy. “the punch dimension” as it’s commonly explained by the big comic channels basically means he punches with his eyesight.

Hence armor break (needs an upgrade) and maybe concussion are all that we can really apply unless we go into shatter