**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Epic Nodes

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
So, forgive me if I'm a little late to the party, but I've noticed the Nodes Outgoing are at the end of the Paths for the previous Champs. Is there a purpose to that, or are they just present regardless? If you take down the Node, they reappear after you reenter. Just curious. Is that just how they need to design the Local Nodes? Thanks. Been wondering. Lol.

Comments

• Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    The last champ in a lane will almost always power the node for the whole lane. Guessing this is your first run of epic. It's not like aq they are back with every run. It's like the global boost node on aq just before kingpin and every run is like a new day of aq. Hope that makes sense it's the best way to describe it
  • Options
    Yeah for sure. It's pretty much as I guessed it. Each Local Node is different on separate Paths. It would have to be the last. The only other option would be a Global Node, but that would apply to the whole Map. Thanks.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    It's 'always' this way, but it's also 'always' pointless. Which is the point of GW raising the question.

Linked nodes only really have any value if you can selectively take them down to make subsequent fights easier or harder; which happens repeatedly throughout Act 4.

Having the last possible fight provide the links means you might just as well give every champion the same abilities via their local nodes; since there's nothing you can do to influence them.
  • Options
    this happens in most of act4 too. u hvnt played that?

Of course. Just never stopped to think. Lol.