Options

Buffing champs through synergies is cheap

The new trend of buffing many champs through synergies, instead of actually giving the character that certain ability, is kind of cheap. Why can’t colossus gain attack per armor up stack, without the synergy? Why can’t ant man gain attack per debuff on opponent, and furies when he glances without wasp and ghost? It seems really unnecessary to make a champ completely depended on a synergy to be of value, when they could just be given these abilities. This is just my opinion (don’t give me hate). Tell me your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Less work for kabam
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,852 ★★★★★
    Can't get the synergy bonuses on 1v1.
    :|
  • Options
    I think it’s to reward people who have more champs and balance them out. Blade would just be too OP if he had all the synergy benefits, ant would probably also be OP in war as a defender, etc
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    No matter how much you buff champs, there will always be a champ at the bottom of the ranking. If falcon was one of 5 champs in the game that reduced ability accuracy, his mechanic wouldnt matter, he would be valuable.

IMO the gap between Falcon and Corvus should be fixed, but then again theyre always coming out with the new blade, the new corvus, and the gap keeps growing.

In their roundabout way, they make champs valuable by team building. So in their results, Champ X gets "used" more, by being a synergy on a team, so they think theyve accomplished what they wanted: to make even lesser champs more sought after instead of a "Core 4" (SW, Thor, Dr. S, BW).
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    It is cheap think about it they don’t need to even run a beta to dump in a new synergy if people don’t like the synergy tough luck!
  • Options
    BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    I love synergies, its always exciting to find a new team combination that can destroy hard content, the only down side to buffing champs via synergies, is that trashier champs that become god like with synergies still remain trash for AW Defence
  • Options
    MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Just wait until they add the new war machine from Avengers 4 who gets a buff from Iron Patriot. That is the deal breaker for synergies for me.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,273 ★★★★★
    Synergies aren't direct buffs, and they're not a replacement for them. It's not as if they're bypassing actual buffs with them. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    New and unique synergies is what helps to drive sales. Why update an old champ when you can tack on a synergy on a new champ and make everyone spend to get it?
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I cant wait to see future kamala, spidergwen, and/or she hulk synergies.

:p
  • Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    dkatryl wrote: »
    I cant wait to see future kamala, spidergwen, and/or she hulk synergies.

:p

Maybe explosive personality kamala and unstoppable she hulk... Heck, maybe a synergy to give spider Gwen a special 1 that causes damage!