Tanking should not be the advantage in season

Off season tanking is a clear advantage for the alliances that lower their war rating on purpose by not placing defenders.. How?

An alliance that has 3400-3500 war rating (MNG-ASR, Iso8a etc) has no chance to face weak alliance in the season. Even with +5 -60, the opponent will be the equal alliance but that alliance with lower war rating because of tanking will face 80% much weaker alliances that will leave many nodes up that will give them unfair advantage against other alliances.

Season wars are like who will get the weaker alliance that will not explore the map and leave many nodes up. For that you have to lower your war rating.

Kabam you have to change your multiplier system to avoid this. Tanking proves that too many alliances are in the same tier that has the same multiplier.

For example; top 35 alliances are in Tier 1 and have x7 multiplier. Both the alliance with 3500 war rating and the alliance with 2990ish got the same points but they do not face the similar alliances.

The alliance with 2990 war rating can have a high chance to match 2700 war rating alliance which is very weak compared to them.

Comments

• sbb75sbb75 Posts: 200
    I think alliances tank to avoid Dealing with map on Tiers 1 through 5.
    Unless you are in a high platinum level alliance then why deal with expert maps..
    Some people don’t enjoy using a ton of resources just to get 109% and lose for an app xtra 1k shards 4 weeks later.

Kabam created this system
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 52
    Agreed. There are a few issues here:

1. Scoring system encourages this behavior. There should be NO bonus points awarded for defenders remaining. If this is removed it will also take care of collusion issues (e.g. I am guaranteed Platinum 1 rewards so I will leave defenders for my opponent, to let them score more points and rank in Master at the end of the season).

2. Matchmaking is based purely on AW rating so there is insentive to lose wars (aka Tanking) in off season to get easy matchups as OP mentioned.

3. Punished alliances getting easy wars and still get to collect season rewards - this one really makes no sense. Even banned players just waited one week and got their season 4 rewards. These alliances can easily clear the map vs easier opponent with 9 per BG so they can afford waiting for at least 3 banned players

4. Kabam had to reset AW rating for inactive alliances. If alliances is abandoned don’t let them keep their rating for months. That’s how a well known alliance that was punished multiple times in season 4 is now in tier 1 and will compete with x7 multipllier next season.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 11,352
    I agree that Tanking is an issue. Been saying that for a while. I'm not sure that the Multiplier is the solution. I'm leaning towards separating Seasons altogether. I'm waiting to see what they're implementing for Season 5 for now.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 1,268
    Uppercut wrote: »

1. Scoring system encourages this behavior. There should be NO bonus points awarded for defenders remaining. If this is removed it will also take care of collusion issues (e.g. I am guaranteed Platinum 1 rewards so I will leave defenders for my opponent, to let them score more points and rank in Master at the end of the season).

2. Matchmaking is based purely on AW rating so there is insentive to lose wars (aka Tanking) in off season to get easy matchups as OP mentioned.

3. Punished alliances getting easy wars and still get to collect season rewards - this one really makes no sense. Even banned players just waited one week and got their season 4 rewards. These alliances can easily clear the map vs easier opponent with 9 per BG so they can afford waiting for at least 3 banned players

4. Kabam had to reset AW rating for inactive alliances. If alliances is abandoned don’t let them keep their rating for months. That’s how a well known alliance that was punished multiple times in season 4 is now in tier 1 and will compete with x7 multipllier next season.

The banned players all got nothing i'm pretty sure
  • GamerGamer Posts: 2,196
    danielmath wrote: »
    Uppercut wrote: »

The banned players all got nothing i'm pretty sure
    Pretty sure the Ban for 1 week Got the rewards
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 1,663
    edited October 12
    Want to lower your war rating? Fight offseason AWs without using items. Tanking by not placing defenders is an inefficient strategy. Perfect practice makes perfect, you don't improve MCOC skills by not placing defenders and not completing maps.

I can think of one reason my above statement is false, which is alliances who tank uses so many boosts during AW Seasons it takes very little skill to clear difficult node/defender combinations. Even the least skilled tier 1 players don't die often when they start every AW fight with 50K+ health and 5K+ attack with 5/65 god tier attackers.