**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Controls Freezing Against Harder Opponents

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Android

I'm about as patient as it comes, but I have to say something. When fighting against opponents that are significantly higher in PI than myself, Master, Bautista, Web-Slinger, etc...., the controls lag and freeze. Now, I know it's been mentioned before, but it's quite extreme. For example, Vulture in Web-Slinger. The Fight starts, he charges, and my controls completely freeze. I get killed. Only this happens repeatedly. Every once in a while, I will have a responsive fight. For the most part, my controls are lagging behind, when they work at all. This was the same for the last Master Quest. I spent $75 beating Punisher because when the Fight would start, I would have 0 responsiveness. Couldn't Parry, couldn't Evade, couldn't move until after he attacked. I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists, so I don't share the idea that it's intentional or anything. I do think it's a significant problem. When the opponent is significantly harder, the attack animation is freezing and slowing my controls. I don't really care about what I'm spending since that's always my choice. I do feel it needs to be looked at. The difficulty is also including unresponsive controls. Please look into it. It's incredibly frustrating to begin a Match and get killed because you can't move properly. That's about as close to a rant as I will come. Lol. Thanks guys.

Comments

• DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Yeah, i notice that on a range of android devices. I have no doubt that kabam is doing it on purpose to screw up android users.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DLegend wrote: »
    Yeah, i notice that on a range of android devices. I have no doubt that kabam is doing it on purpose to screw up android users.

What purpose would that serve? Lol. Kabam does not work for Apple. It's not intentional. It most likely has to do with the Android Build and the interaction of Champs.
    For me, the harder the Fight, the worse it gets. Other areas have lag that comes and goes, but it's manageable. When I'm doing Master or the Challenges, it's really bad. Most of the time all I can do is get hit. For Master, it's not as bad until the Final Boss. It seems like there's a point between the two strengths where the controls aren't synced at all, and it's just like getting attacks forced on me. The difficulty is not an issue for me. It's the effect it has on the controls. If I can't use the controls, I can't play properly.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Same here on Iphone. Same problem as you mentionned. Even Happens in arena after streak 50 or so. Expert proving grounds final boss too.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Happened to me on IPad mini 4, IPhone 6s, and Galaxy Note5, all on harder opponents like in master quest.
  • BeetleBeetle Posts: 6
    It happens on my iPad 2 mini conveniently when it's least convenient
  • Bambam7700Bambam7700 Posts: 38
    Happen to me too
  • Bambam7700Bambam7700 Posts: 38
    #administrator
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    It definitely happens on harder fights. The speedier AI is probably more demanding on the server.

They need to fix it.
  • explorershaneexplorershane Posts: 34
    Dazzler
  • JamezBongJamezBong Posts: 97
    ever trying login another phone ? wonder if device causing lag or its locked to our account (lol)
    JamezBong wrote: »
    ever trying login another phone ? wonder if device causing lag or its locked to our account (lol)

No, you can use another device. From what I'm seeing here, it's many different devices. The Special Animations and other parts are perfect timing, but I suspect they're on the device itself. It's really frustrating. I'm not sure what it is, whether it's the server or the Build. All I know is the difficulty is harder when it occurs more. These Fights require skill and speed, and the controls are stuttering and freezing. I hope they're able to resolve it.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    This game is kinda a disaster on android. It is hit or miss. Sometimes problem free, other times borderline unplayable
    Difficulty doesn't feel like it changes to me happens in ROL when it starts to feel like I've pushed the ai to its breaking point and it flips out I can survive it most the time if I was blocking when it started but if not the stuttering can be far to bad to even tell what's going on
    Doesn't happen near as much in the beginning of a match but I get that as well