**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Where is the list of 2* champs available in the crystals?

I'm in some sort of RNG rut... The rut is in every level of characters (2*, 3*, and 4*)... For a while, I had every champ with the exception of a couple and while I was building my roster, I would get the occasional new 3* or 4* champ and get something to rank up for SA. It then seemed like my roster building just stopped. I wasn't pulling the newly released champs with any sort of frequency even in 3* versions. I would just keep pulling champs from the older champ sets and racking up max signature ability crystals.

For a long time, I thought "Hey! Duping up means I'm getting more shots at pulling different champs." That's a good theory, but when you've pulled your 4th White Mags or 4th Spider Gwen and have those two champs at level 80... what is their use?

But the spot where I seem to see the most weird RNG luck is in the 2* crystals. I know there are certain champs whose 2* versions don't exist in the crystal, but there are a lot of newer champs that appear to be in crystals as 2*s that even with the tons of shard crystals opened, still elude me.

As higher end content becomes harder (it seems Chapter 3 epic difficulty would take a roster of R4 5* champs to handle it without using tons of items), even getting 4* versions of god tier champs don't alleviate this. It seems that my contingent of older 4* champs hit like pillows against the 6* champs in Chapter 3 of epic.

It's just weird to not eventually pull the 2* or 3* versions of champs to see if I even want to spend time grinding arena for them. That always seemed to be the progression method of old: Get 3* champ, use them in arena to see how much you like them, if they're great, grind 4* arena for them. My current RNG luck doesn't even get me that...

Comments

• Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,814 ★★★★★
    a lot of 2* champions have been exclusive to either Marvel Insider, specific crystals for certain events or giveaways for the release of movies and which are unavailable elsewhere.

Spider-Man Symbiote, Spidey-Miles, Spider-Gwen, Venom, Venompool, Carnage, Electro, and Agent Venom for example were 2* exclusives in the Spider-verse crystals for Spider-Man Homecoming quests. Doc Ock and Green Goblin got added for a redo of the crystal they did earlier in the year for reasons. I think they also added Sparky and Vulture.

A bunch of the X-Men are 2* exclusives in an X-Men crystal given away in March; these included Phoenix, Beast, Archangel, X23, Iceman, Cyke Blue, Nightcrawler, Rogue and Gambit.

The cinematic crystals from August for the Gwenpool Goes to the Movies quests were loaded with 2* exclusives of Wasp, Killmonger, Yondu, Loki, Mordo, Iron Patriot and a couple of others.

X23 and OML also appeared in an exclusive Logan crystal in March 2017 for the release of Logan alongside Wolverine.

Sparky as a 2* was a gift for the release of Spider-Man Homecoming; Black Panther (Civil War) was a similar gift for the BP movie; a 2* Thor (Ragnarok) for Thor: Ragnarok; Cable for Deadpool 2.

Hela, Angela and a load of female characters not normally at 2* were in the International Women's Day 'Women of Power' crystals in February.

2*s of Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Venom, Venompool and other monstrous characters were in a Google Play exclusive crystal last October for Halloween.