**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Update w/Monitoring Dormammu & Juggernaut AW Defender Data Before Next 5* Featured Crystal Goes Live

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
Kabam said they would be monitoring the AW defense data they receive on Dormammu and Juggernaut post their recent MD/dexterity nerf. Dormammu is included in the next 5* featured crystal's champion pool, it would look good on Kabam's part to share their post-MD/dexterity nerf findings on Dormammu and Juggernaut with the community before the next 5* featured crystal goes live.

I recently fought a Dormammu miniboss on node 48 in tier 4 AW. Tier 1-3 is the best measure of how meta changes on the part of developers affect players, and this Dormammu boss was also only 3/45. I'm still posting video of that fight to bring up something I haven't seen someone else mention regarding Dormammu after the MD/dexterity nerf:

https://youtu.be/RDkuzEo6ud4

Dormammu uses his special attack 2 at the 40 second mark of the above fight. Before the MD/dexterity interaction was nerfed pushing Dormammu to use his special attack 2 was a bad idea. Evading Dormammu's special attack 2 meant filling a max MD Dormammu's power by 36%. It also meant activating Dormammu's signature ability. The best option for dealing with Dormammu's special attack 2 before the MD/Dexterity nerf was to block it, now the best option is to evade it. Before the MD/dexterity nerf there were 3 champions who could recover block damage taken from Dormammu's special attack 2, which were Magik/Gladiator Hulk/Blade. Now - as many players have confirmed - Dormammu is soloed on all AW nodes by double-digit champions.

I'm glad Kabam nerfed the past MD/Dexterity interaction. I have a 4/55 Dormammu, I don't place him on defense anymore but he's been a strong attacker for the 2nd half of path 6 in AW. I previously said the arguments for a single mystic champion specific RDT were valid on both sides. IMO refunding a single 5* generic/class awakening gem is a more one-sided discussion. The necessity of improving AW defense rosters players have experienced from the meta-change of AW Seasons rank rewards on the part of MCOC developers caused many players to use the game's rarest resource (5* awakening gems) on mystic defenders for AW defense. For 2018 we've received no static in-game content that rewards 5* awakening gems, and we've received a single offer that included a 5* awakening gem crystal for the cost of 15K units this past July.

Once Kabam shares their findings with the community we may discover the data shows issuing a mystic chmapion specific RDT and refunding a single awakening gem at the expense of unawakening a mystic champion are not warranted. Players have consistently shown videos that prove otherwise, but a few videos aren't representative of the MCOC community as a whole. Whatever the data shows, I'm eager to see what Kabam's monitoring has revealed, ideally before the next 5* featured crystal goes live.