**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Compensation for Bleed Champs/Deepwounds

2»

Comments

• Options
    Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Couple things I don’t understand. Why do people constantly base how they do their rosters off of garbage war. Has nobody learned their lesson from the 12.0 update and every update after that. War is boring frustrating and tedious and the biggest money grab. So although I’m not blaming you for feeling the way you do. Trust me I have many issues with the company. You should know how they operate by now so don’t expect anything for your blind judgment. I focus on end game content champs and I’m a lot more happier. So again just want to state I’m not burning anyone because I’ve been there and learned my lesson. Be smarter and make better decisions move on and adapt.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I don’t know why people are so opposed to rank down tickets for this
    I don’t have any1 I want to rank down Yet I still feel people should have the option to do it when a change like this is made
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    it's only for this season
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Carnage313 wrote: »
    Couple things I don’t understand. Why do people constantly base how they do their rosters off of garbage war. Has nobody learned their lesson from the 12.0 update and every update after that. War is boring frustrating and tedious and the biggest money grab. So although I’m not blaming you for feeling the way you do. Trust me I have many issues with the company. You should know how they operate by now so don’t expect anything for your blind judgment. I focus on end game content champs and I’m a lot more happier. So again just want to state I’m not burning anyone because I’ve been there and learned my lesson. Be smarter and make better decisions move on and adapt.

Majority of the big money coming in for GMCs and top rank ups are made based on war because it offers the best rewards. I don’t think it was reasonable for anyone to expect full bleed immunity across the board when it’s the most common (by far) DOT. I’m all for an evolving meta but this isn’t random it’s very specifically targeted against what has become another imbalance problem.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Shortsighted incompetence once again being balanced by targeted backwards nerfs. I don’t care if we get RDTs or not but at this point there’s certainly a good argument for them.

No there isn't.

Compelling argument you have 🙄 the company needs to come up with a better flow to their balances that doesn’t leave some players feeing like they just had the rug pulled out from under them. Guys with 5/65 AA for example just had their attack options for war crippled. We don’t get enough top tier options and rank up materials to adjust to an earth shattering change like full bleed immunity across the board. Certainly doesn’t help that as far as DOT champs go it’s not very spread out most rely on bleed.

But your expectation is that every change whether permanent or temporary they should give you rank down tickets or mastery refunds. Thats not the way it works. Theyve never said they are going to have a static meta and the game will change and elvolve. This is one of those times.

I said I don’t care if we get them or not just that an argument could be made for them with the multitude of nerfs direct and indirect that have occurred since the last one was given. I might not even use it tbh I’ve been relatively stingy with my t2a and all of my champs beyond 4/55 are widely considered top options.

There isn't an argument for a temporary change. It will go back normal in less than 6 weeks. They do that then the next global choice they will have to issue more and when it gets to the point of alliances picking their own globals, they'll have to give them out each time. Not only that, there are other game modes to consider. Bleed Champs are still effective in all other aspects.
  • Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    They are saying if this game folded you will get a rank down ticket. Since Champions revamp, mastery changes big enough that beta tests are required to validate doesn't justified by kabam as implementing `major changes`. Honestly that RDT official definition isn't even worth anything at all because no one can define what major changes even means besides kabam.
  • Options
    gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    Badrose wrote: »
    Hey guys, it's already been pointed out that the Global Node which grants Bleed Immunity is not a permanent change, this is just another way for us to help keep The Contest interesting and challenging for everyone. We will not be granting Unit refunds or Rank Down Tickets in this instance.

Rank Down Tickets are not an everyday Item. They are reserved for exceptional circumstances such as when a major change has been implemented which affects all Champions in the game. A temporary change like the one you're concerned about here, is not something which requires Rank Down Tickets to be distributed.

1) No one like the idea, for a month you are destroying bleeding champs and deep wounds mastery for which players invested tons of resources and money. When people start to realize that nothing is guaranteed anymore, you will cry more than us and you precious AW will be ignored by the majority of the palyers (we already decided to move to gold 2 without spending a single item). So you are wrong on this point.

2) Exceptional circumstances like what? Deadly epidemic? World War 3? The end of the world? You permanently nerfed mystic dispersion and all the mystic champs and what you did? Absolutely NOTHING!

ok. so i'd like to keep this simple. i like what they did but probably took a lot by surprise with this. This will give other alliances a chance at top rewards in war. But kabam has to be more creative than what they did. simply neutering efficient champs will really piss people off.

I'd say, adapt your roster and invest in various champs. If you do not have resources for now, sidelining is probably the smart thing to do. just bulk up your roster for the season after.

This is what they are trying to get you to do because at the state of the game, having god tier champs that can slay everything in it's path will stop those who have them from paying out or "investing" more. And they are in their right to do that. they are a business after all.

In that same sense, rdt's totally destroy the business mechanic. This totally denies them of potential earnings and to do so, it uses our previous investments (which is also their previous earnings). This is unfair to them.
  • Options
    Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    Honestly some of those bleed dependent champs can still be used.... Blade for example. Okay, he loses his bleed but he can still regen, still parry, and still had access to Danger sense.
    Km, again, loses his bleed but guess what? He can still become unstoppable, still counterstrike or whatever, and he can still be a badass.
    The people that are complaining about this bleed thing is acting as if they never fought against bleed immune champs before.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    They are saying if this game folded you will get a rank down ticket. Since Champions revamp, mastery changes big enough that beta tests are required to validate doesn't justified by kabam as implementing `major changes`. Honestly that RDT official definition isn't even worth anything at all because no one can define what major changes even means besides kabam.

Major changes to the fundamental way Champs are intended to perform. Commonly known as nerfs. Buffs aren't the same. Don't know who would want one because their Champ is buffed either way. They're for major nerfs to the Champs themselves. We haven't seen any since 12.0. They're not for specific changes to content or to continually have the best Roster whenever something new comes.
    Aside from that, they gave them as a surprise at Christmas to adjust our Roster for the upcoming year. Once. Personally, I don't think that was a good idea because it just led to more asking, but I have to respect it's their decision, and I see that their intentions were to do something nice for people. Nevertheless, in a year and a half plus, the response has been the same. In that same amount of time, the asking never stops, and anything introduced has become a plea for them.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Major changes to the fundamental way Champs are intended to perform. Commonly known as nerfs. Buffs aren't the same. Don't know who would want one because their Champ is buffed either way. They're for major nerfs to the Champs themselves. We haven't seen any since 12.0. They're not for specific changes to content or to continually have the best Roster whenever something new comes.
    Aside from that, they gave them as a surprise at Christmas to adjust our Roster for the upcoming year. Once. Personally, I don't think that was a good idea because it just led to more asking, but I have to respect it's their decision, and I see that their intentions were to do something nice for people. Nevertheless, in a year and a half plus, the response has been the same. In that same amount of time, the asking never stops, and anything introduced has become a plea for them.

I do know the history thanks for the recap.

A buff or a nerf are a change and kabam sure did not define the RDT condition as `a major nerf`, but a `major change`. Every champ that fights a buffed champs get affected if that's not true they would not have to keep ROL rhino `prebuff`. I recognize my opinion on this topic will never converge with yours but that doesn't matter. No difference when all the emergency maintenance and lagging happens and ppls asking for compensation because of lost items, lost AQ AW, 30 mins timer. The fact the requests keep popping up by different ppls means that this is either a strong discussion point or a demand from the community. The only thing I agree with is its kabam decision to make whether I respect it or not.
  • Options

A buff or a nerf are a change and kabam sure did not define the RDT condition as `a major nerf`, but a `major change`. Every champ that fights a buffed champs get affected if that's not true they would not have to keep ROL rhino `prebuff`. I recognize my opinion on this topic will never converge with yours but that doesn't matter. No difference when all the emergency maintenance and lagging happens and ppls asking for compensation because of lost items, lost AQ AW, 30 mins timer. The fact the requests keep popping up by different ppls means that this is either a strong discussion point or a demand from the community. The only thing I agree with is its kabam decision to make whether I respect it or not.

Did they specify? No. At the time those comments were made, they weren't in reference to a buff. They were specifying that it wasn't for any small or necessary change such as an exploit fix. They didn't say the word nerf. I did. That's exactly what they were talking about, in our words. They didn't mean for literally any change. A buff doesn't warrant RDTs, whether major or not.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Did they specify? No. At the time those comments were made, they weren't in reference to a buff. They were specifying that it wasn't for any small or necessary change such as an exploit fix. They didn't say the word nerf. I did. That's exactly what they were talking about, in our words. They didn't mean for literally any change. A buff doesn't warrant RDTs, whether major or not.

Exactly so get a kabam mod to buy in to that otherwise it's just your opinion against mine.

In fact my hope is kabam can just say straight out that no more RDT will be issued ever again that will calm alot of the community and help me make my future spending decision on this game.
  • Options

Exactly so get a kabam mod to buy in to that otherwise it's just your opinion against mine.

In fact my hope is kabam can just say straight out that no more RDT will be issued ever again that will calm alot of the community and help me make my future spending decision on this game.

My opinion......hmm. Have a look at the months and months of requests, the situations they surrounded, and the responses from Moderation. I'm pretty sure it's apparent.