Arena... so tedious.

Working my level best to grind for gold in arena and I must say, it is the most tedious, most boring format in the game at the moment. Kabam should really consider alternative formats or a revamp of arena for grinding gold. Something more challenging/fun.

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    To almost everyone, fun just means more rewards for least effort.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 275 ★★
    Not in this instance.
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Arena tedious? wait till you start farming pots for LOL/Act 5
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Actually, I disagree. The Arena is my favorite part of the game. The repetitiveness is what relieves me. I just Grind for hours.

This isn't a criticism. I've known lots of people that feel the same way. I don't understand it at all though lol. For me Arena is nothing but a means to an end. If I'm watching something or listening to a book or podcast I can grind it sometimes but if I do too much I don't even want to look at it for awhile. Very happy that t4 basics and t1 alphas are more available now so I could quit running those arenas lol. I wish I could grind it more because it's very helpful but it's such a chore. Did 7.5 million recently in the 5* but usually quit at 3 million or 4.5.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    It's a necessary evil
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,885 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Actually, I disagree. The Arena is my favorite part of the game. The repetitiveness is what relieves me. I just Grind for hours.

This isn't a criticism. I've known lots of people that feel the same way. I don't understand it at all though lol. For me Arena is nothing but a means to an end. If I'm watching something or listening to a book or podcast I can grind it sometimes but if I do too much I don't even want to look at it for awhile. Very happy that t4 basics and t1 alphas are more available now so I could quit running those arenas lol. I wish I could grind it more because it's very helpful but it's such a chore. Did 7.5 million recently in the 5* but usually quit at 3 million or 4.5.

I feel much the same way. There was a time I would make room to hit arena every 2-3 hours when 4* basics were viable. Starting with the very first BW arena (2015?2016?), i didn’t miss grabbing every basic for well over a year. Now I struggle to get past 1-2 runs on the odd chance I find time to play arena (outside of cat arenas).

Would it be different if there were a 5* basic arena? I’m not sure, but it would be interesting to see. There are champs I’d love to try out in 5* that I simply don’t have, and the Collector in me would still relish the addition of even some of the least loved of the lot of they were added via arena.

One final note: there are so many modes in game today that it’s shocking to look back on the game from, say, late 2015/early 2016. It’s like night and day, and that’s a testament to the development team. Arena has stayed pretty consistent since then—but it might be an area that’s worth considering for a revamp in 2019.

Dr. Zola
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    In a way they have offered everyone a good solution earned from arena, it was that they decreased the gold cost per arena match for everyone to keep going gold +. Some find it positive and some find it negative but I do agree that they could just increase the gold in milestones while still keeping the new gold cut cost per arena :)
    Mike12867 wrote: »
    Arena tedious? wait till you start farming pots for LOL/Act 5

Lol That's why it's tedious. I'm trying to farm some units for Act 5 completion.

I can't stand repetitive content! At least it should keeping scaling up until it is unbeatable, with the rewards increasing every round. Now THAT would he fun and challenging.