**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Use 5* Basic Awakening Gem on Voodoo, Sentinel, Magik, GR or hold for better character?

Recently I finished all of Act 5 and obviously got the Awakening Gem rewards. I completed 5.3 last and I used the skill awakening Gem on Blade. I also have

Use 5* Basic Awakening Gem on Voodoo, Sentinel, Magik, GR or hold for better character? 47 votes

4-55 Magik
14%
AsukiranameplasStucatMarekinNamelezMidnite93johnnybomb 7 votes
4-55 Sentinel
4%
Vdh2008Headroller 2 votes
3-45 Voodoo
59%
DrZolaGolden_GuardianstakHULK_BREAKSIlverProfessoradqqedfyvrAnurag1606DTMelodicMetalYouconfusedKrumbledkookieShtickRickPeterQuillTKS87dfmoore26AdvRicemanLibertyPrimeV1Shadow_PhoneixReaper213Aleor 28 votes
3-45 GR
4%
vinniegainzjkcjmiji 2 votes
3-45 Bishop
0%
Hold for Better Champ
17%
Horror_punkJestressSmokinSurferFrostynebLt_Magnum_1RaveNNMrBanks 8 votes

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    3-45 Voodoo
    Among R4 Magik, Voodoo and GR I chose Voodoo.

The grass is always greener on the other side, but I felt like he stood to benefit most from it. And I already had Blade, SL, Medusa, Rogue, AA and other high-end champs awakened (along with unused mutant and tech AGs). What I wanted was a reliable power controller with significant DoT potential and regen capabilities.

So far not unhappy with my choice.

Dr. Zola
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    3-45 Voodoo
    Out of the ones you listed here, voodoo is the only one that really needs to be awakened to be great. The rest are still good without their sig ability, and while it's nice icing on the cake for them, imo they do not merit a generic awakening gem.

Voodoo has got some nice utility, power control, regen for sustainability, ability accuracy reduction, and increased debuff duration for longer parries against limber, dor example. I still use my r4 in war and find him incredibly useful.

You could also save it, having a generic awakening stashed away to make a lucky day even better is never a bad thing either.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Hold for Better Champ
    Very few champs are worth a generic. None here are worth it. You need someone that benefits a lot from being duped offensively.
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    3-45 Voodoo
    Voodoo. 100%.

He benefits greatly from being duped. Dupe him and rank him as high as you can. He's become one of my best attackers - in AW, and in general questing. He's one of the top 5 champs in the game for utility. Power control, poison, regen. He's got it all.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Hold for Better Champ
    Honestly wait. You could get a domino, Korg, or ghost
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    3-45 Voodoo
    TKS87 wrote: »
    Out of the ones you listed here, voodoo is the only one that really needs to be awakened to be great. The rest are still good without their sig ability, and while it's nice icing on the cake for them, imo they do not merit a generic awakening gem.

Voodoo has got some nice utility, power control, regen for sustainability, ability accuracy reduction, and increased debuff duration for longer parries against limber, dor example. I still use my r4 in war and find him incredibly useful.

You could also save it, having a generic awakening stashed away to make a lucky day even better is never a bad thing either.

What he said, from personal experience I'd say Magik or Sentinel but I agree they don't Need their Sig Ability to be great. But Magik's Limbo Regen and extra unavoidable Energy Damage is Very good, Especially when she's a R4 5 Star...