**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sabretooth or Omega Red to R4?

Hi

As the headline says who to R4?

Sabretooth:
- no mercy synergy. Great for a lot of things
- Build up more and more damage

Omega red:
- Close to double immunity
- Great counter to Korg, Electro

/S

Comments

• Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Is omega red duped if he is then omega red 100%
  • Options
    ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Can't recommend Sabretooth for this AW season, as KM / ST will be gimped in damage. So, its OR based on the AW.

Outside that I think ST value lies in the synergy team with KM because outside that he is just a damage dealer and there are better damage dealers. For example, even with 15 furies, sparky out-damages him. Whereas OR has his special uses in addition to being generally good damage / heal champ.

So, I would say OR.

Starky will only outdamage ST if one has a stark!

It depends. OR is really useful as he is pretty much double immune (kind of). He hits ok from what i've seen.

If you need a damage dealer then ST is probably your best bet. Why all of his furries expire, i dont understand. I take my ST into quest (3/45) and he clears bosses no problem. He hits so hard. If you havent done act 5, then he will serve you better with KM and void. Cant go wrong with either tbh.

War might be a problem due to his bleeds, but with fury's built up, he will do quite a lot of damage anyway.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Can't recommend Sabretooth for this AW season, as KM / ST will be gimped in damage. So, its OR based on the AW.

Outside that I think ST value lies in the synergy team with KM because outside that he is just a damage dealer and there are better damage dealers. For example, even with 15 furies, sparky out-damages him. Whereas OR has his special uses in addition to being generally good damage / heal champ.

I'm not so sure this is the case. Both Stark Spidey and Sabretooth have their own unique ways of building up attack power; Stark Spidey through poise charges and Sabretooth through persistent fury charges.

If Sabretooth goes into a fight with 15 Fury charges (assuming charges are from 10 hit combos and not all L2's, not all furies are equal) it will be tough for any champ to outdamage him in a short fight.

Stark Spidey may take 20-40 seconds at the beginning of a fight to build poise charges, maxing out at 10. At rank 5, each one adds 516.6 attack to his base rating of 2,583, giving him a total attack rating of 7,749 when at 10 poise charges.

Sabretooth at rank 5 has a base attack rating of 2098. Each fury (from 10-hit combos) grants him 524.5 attack rating. At 15 Fury passives, his attack rating is 9965.5. It's also worth noting that Sabretooth can have more than 15 fury charges, so this number is not a cap. In fact, his theoretical max is 28 Fury charges granting him a total attack rating of 18,042.8, though doing this requires synergy and really only works on paper. He can only reasonably get up to 20+ fury passives in areas like LOL and ROL.

If Sabretooth is allowed to start the fight at 15 Fury charges, he should have no problem finishing short to medium fights faster than Stark Spidey given Spidey's required build-up time. Longer fights would offer a closer competition, but even then Sabretooth's constant high attack rating and special-induced bleeds would likely still outdamage Spidey's poise-boosted attack and massive damage from his L2.

That's not to say Sabretooth is better. We all know that making Sabretooth this strong takes planning and it doesn't last indefinitely. Plus, without synergy, his only real utility is his cold snap immunity. Compare that to Stark Spidey's taunt, auto-evade, special evasion, power drain, and ability to get to max strength in any fight. Spidey on his own definitely has way more utility than Sabretooth.

All I'm trying to convey is that I wouldn't consider it an accurate statement to say that "even with 15 furies, sparky outdamages him [Sabretooth]".