**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Once upon a time... there was parry

Which has reached its lowest as of 14.0.

Not even story and arena now.

Can we have sone attention? Been going worse and worse in the last 2 months, and im sick of having the "parry" text pop up when the opponent is all but stunned. Its borderline trolling as muchbas getting hit when dexterity activates.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's not the Parry itself. It's the timing of our controls against opponents. They're out of sync.
    Karuseus wrote: »
    You guys are missing the point
    The text pops up as Parry, but opponent is not stunned
    Ant it's not like its due to ranged attack like yondu
    Clearly melee attack that you parried, with words popping up, but no stun
    Rare, but does happen sometimes

That all depends on the Champ that you're fighting. Champs like BW and CB shrug off Parry. It will show Parry, but the Stun won't take effect. Unless there's something I haven't seen.
    Morgan wrote: »

That all depends on the Champ that you're fighting. Champs like BW and CB shrug off Parry. It will show Parry, but the Stun won't take effect. Unless there's something I haven't seen.

Bw ability doesnt show parry, counts just as a blocked hit. Same for all other champs with ability reduction or new champs.

When it shows but doesnt stun its a bug.

And i ahree eith whoever wrote about timings, they are so delayed you have to go borderline eating a punch expecially in aq

That was me who wrote about timings. Lol. I'll have to double-check. Some Champs show Parry but don't Stun. I swore BW and CB show Parry but keep fighting through it. In any case, could be a bug.
  • I find it irritating when you parry there special buy it does nothing. Can't they just make it so the writing doesn't appear on the screen and annoy me.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Bw ability doesnt show parry, counts just as a blocked hit. Same for all other champs with ability reduction or new champs.

And i ahree eith whoever wrote about timings, they are so delayed you have to go borderline eating a punch expecially in aq
    That's just false. Parry shows whenever a parry occurs, however stun won't apply if another mechanic prevents the stun.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

That's just false. Parry shows whenever a parry occurs, however stun won't apply if another mechanic prevents the stun.
    Yeah, Rocket's right, if you parry somebody who reduces ability accuracy they'll sometimes ignore the stun part of parry, but never the damage reduction, and parry will always pop up on your side.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Parry is horrible now. Ever since 14.0 it's been bad for me.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★

Not a bug she negates parry based on sig level. Mags does same vs metal opponents.
  • xxVINMANxxxxVINMANxx Posts: 23
    Parry is the worst its ever been for me.
    And have u noticed that if u hold block then release, it will then be impossible to parry in the next 2 seconds or so?
    It's as if there's a hidden timer that won't allow a parry shortly after blocking.

Block is also in the same boat as parrying. Works whenever it feels like. I get smacked in the chin through my blocks all the time now.

Idk what is goin on with the mechanics of this game in 14.0...but I do know that it's time for me to take a break to avoid some of this frustration.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    It happened to me twice against NC, in arena.

Then why do I parry NC, it says parry, and NC isn't stun ??
    That happened in arena before you start talking about immune stun nodes
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    TKal wrote: »

Might have been the assassin mastery, if you were low on HP.

If not, then I don't know.
    TKal wrote: »

Might have been the assassin mastery, if you were low on HP.

If not, then I don't know.

It happened twice, once was at the beginning of the fight so no related to assassin mastery.
    The other one I was low on hp yes, so it might be that

• Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    I find parry to be working the best it has since 12.0. I personally wonder if challenge rating lowers ability accuracy as well but I think that parry seems fine at the moment.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    My parry seems okay, party's most of the time lol
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    parry's the worst for me now in the past 4 months. and the AI reaction time is just unreal
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf
    It's not the Parry itself. It's the timing of our controls against opponents. They're out of sync.

Totally agree. It's also 2 separate parry issues.

We've all played this game enough for 2 years, now all of a sudden we don't know our parry timings? Maybe some days they work, maybe some content, but something is off. I believe a lot of it is the lag. Added to this, AQ is much more laggy and jittery, sounds are delayed. Hence, parry timings are off.

The second is the parry text pop up/failure. I see this daily. The fact that it's not just me is relieving. But haven't really tried figuring it out, besides it being a bug. Only thing I can think of is challenger rating BS. I'm still unclear about what advantages besides lowering crit %. Does this have to do with a 4* vs 5* and seeing a parry text pop up but no stun? I've even seen my OG cap have an enemy with fatigue, and still seen a ghost parry text pop up. So the increase in stun when fatigue, still didn't get the parry, only a text

Can women from Kabam please explain this?
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    Mr_Chris wrote: »
    I find parry to be working the best it has since 12.0. I personally wonder if challenge rating lowers ability accuracy as well but I think that parry seems fine at the moment.

Just saw this lol. The fact that we don't know EXACTLY what challenger rating does, makes the whole system an issue. I'm wondering the same thing since most of my good champs are 4*s, I see this issue a lot
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Seeing it quite often AQ Expert Tier and Higher Tier AW. Parry pops up on the screen against foes and they are not parried.

This is not against CB, Rogue or people who can shrug it off.