**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Basic 5* Featured is needed or else....no fun anymore

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
A little bit of background of myself on this game. I've done all main story Acts, 100% ROL, and 100% Road to LOL. Will I do at least 1 path of LOL? Probably not so soon.
Last year, my main agenda in the game was getting all the new champion by grinding it all out in 4* Featured arena......that until the 1st introduction of a 5* Featured arena.
I just can't break the top 150 in there without spending any units. Spending units = spending money.
Unless, of course, you already have insane amount of cash to spend in the game OR insane amount of units from hoarding.

Tbh, I can still grinding any new 4* champ as I'd love to test them out but knowing that they are practically useless at my level of the game, the fun has gone. There's no motivation for me to grind them unless they are really useful like Void, Omega, Ghost, Wasp and Emma.
I could easily get any new champ with my current rosters BUT here's the thing, 4* is losing the value to most veteran players like me.
New champ is great but a new 4* champ? It's useless compared to its new 5* champ rarity counterpart.
Even if the featured is having a useless champ like Guillotine right now, the bracket size for those to get her is still 150 when they are thousands of people grinding in arena (PS: no offence to Guillotine lovers but to me she is useless).
I've been playing the game since it was released and arena was my jam. I don't care to spend my time to grind in arena when I know I have a slight chance to get the new champ and to test them.
But now? The chance is gone unless I have units or money which I don't have enough when I needed them.
Now, to me, arena is only fun when T4B or Alpha is around for me to collect them.
What am I saying is that I think we need a basic 5* arena in order to bring back the fun especially to those players that love grinding in arena. And good champs need to be in it often too.
I don't know about you but I'd probably lose interest in the game if there's nothing changes in arena.
Monthly event? Celebrity challenge? Occult labs? AQ? AW? Those are good stuffs but they can't beat the thrill of grinding in arena to get the new champ and at the same hording millions of battlechips and get all that sweet units from popping open the uncollected arena crystal. Then using the units to move forward in the game like 100% LOL.
Things are just not the same as the good ol arena. It's getting.....stale in my book.
Just like Lil Joh said and I paraphrase, "The game is getting boring when you don't have new champion to play around with and it's getting like a rat race to keep getting a new champ".

Comments

• Options
    GK_23GK_23 Posts: 284 ★★★
    I’m pretty much in the same boat. When 4*s were running the show, I’d grind the basic arena, and on occasion, feel froggy enough to go for a feature that I really wanted. That hasn’t been the case for awhile now. At least from my standpoint, I feel it’s either time now or very soon for a 5* basic arena.
  • Options
    Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    5 star basic definitely couldn't be a 1-10℅.

Maybe a top 1000.

And definitely do not have them twice a week.

I don't think grinding 5 star basic dupes at top 1-10 percent is feasible for rarity.

• Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Before they introduce that they need to stop all the arena mercs. Way too many in the top 150 are won by people paying mercs to grind it for them.
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Why do people say “100% rol”.....it’s 1 path!

More ot: the idea is pretty solid, for me just another arena to grind for more units when I work nightshift.
  • Options
    KaptainKaptain Posts: 48
    edited November 2018
    I couldn’t agree more. I slowly built up my roster in the 4* arena by either getting a new champ or awakening a champ or both every week. They should offer the same regular 5* arena format now that 5* is the new 4*.