**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MCOC on Xiaomi Black Shark, ASUS ROG. How well would it go?

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
Has anyone played this game in either one of those Android gaming phone?
I'm just curious on how well they can perform against iOS system when playing this game (loading time, animation smoothness etc) and I'd love to use Android device to play this game for as long as I could. I have my own reasons against Apple products and we don't need to discuss that here.
Any useful infos are much appreciated.

Comments

• Mes_regretsMes_regrets Posts: 17
    Loading Time start from buttom "FIGHT":
    Xiaomi red : 13 secondes
    LG G5 : 10 secondes

From my side, it is impossible to win Legend Run, when an Iphone is arround 2 secondes.
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    MCOC is a highly optimised game, barely has a footprint of 200 to 300 Mb in the RAM. So almost all mid tier phones play it well. Higher tier phones have little advantage compared to mid tiered phones as the game is not hardware intensive and doesnt have settings to make higher or lower as per hardware.

So while all android phones (mid to top) will play the game almost identically, we cannot compare game performance in ios vs android. After all that is a much more closed ecosystem.
    That said, I have always played on android and havent found too much amiss.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    @Dark_King888 except the ASUS ROG is essentially a mini gaming computer of a phone. Has its own graphics card and cooling system.

I too am curious how the game would run.

Saying all mid to high end androids run the same isn't true at all. My buddy's LG G5 takes 8-10 seconds to load a fight whereas my LG V30 takes 4-6 seconds.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    @Dark_King888 except the ASUS ROG is essentially a mini gaming computer of a phone. Has its own graphics card and cooling system.

Saying all mid to high end androids run the same isn't true at all. My buddy's LG G5 takes 8-10 seconds to load a fight whereas my LG V30 takes 4-6 seconds.

Firstly, the lg v30 has a S835 so that is pretty much 2 generations better than the S820 in a lg G5 so you should not compare those two. Even an lg g6 has a S821 and an older generation adreno. Maybe compare V30 vs. SG8 and you will see they are virtually the same loading times.

Addressing the Asus ROG, this uses an S845, which is still 10nm tech, and an adreno 630. All the cooling in the world won't bring you close to competing with Apple's devices which follow different sets of instructions that are more tailored specifically to this game.

THE BEST ANDROID phone on the market right now is the huawei mate 20 pro which has the first 7nm tech chipset in an android, better gpu than the Asus ROG

With the above considered I am still willing to bet any apple device with an A10 chip or newer will still blow that phone out of the water when it comes to this game.

My lg g6 plays this phone just fine, but my ipad 2018 (A10 chipset) is so significantly faster/smoother even the parry timing is different.

If you like android and do not care for a legends run then the best phone you can get is the mate 20 pro, and is comparable to the Asus ROG in terms of price. I actually feel sorry that Asus put this much effort and goodies into a phone that was obsolete upon release LOL.
    Another point i did not mention, a fight versus a boss in Android device is completly different.
    With an iOS it is "very" easy, because your can use SP2 and SP1, during normal kick. Into an Android the SP is blocked.
    And in Android it is very difficult to force SP1 or 2. That is why the boss Killer are "IOS".

• Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227

Mate, I said the game is meant to be well playable on most phones. I also said, the game is (yet) to take advantage of any gaming developments. Its not like Fortnite optimised for Samsung or PUBG optimised for Huawei.

Let me be clear. The ROG phone isnt a computer, it doesnt have a graphics card. An attachment will not be taken advantage of. Its got an 845 and howmuchever RAM. Except for minor software differences, MCOC will run equally on ROG as any 845 based mid to flagship.

Please realise now there are mid rangers with the 845? Like a 300Dollar Poco or a 500Dollar Oneplus or a sub 500 Xiaomi.

I can bet they will run the game as well as an ROG and it doesnt make sense to spend 1200 bucks on an ROG, IF this is the only game to play. Leaving all the other apps and benefits aside.
    If someone is a owner of these phone and Can share the loading Time to start a fight. Thanks

u2lec3eqqhqw.png