Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Evade dexterity quirk

WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
I’ve noticed this for quite a while when it comes to champs with passive evades but now it also is occurring with dexterity as well...

Not only are our champs getting pushed back a lot further wild evading blasts (Ironman sp1, more pronounced with IP sp1, cable sp1...) but the Time it takes for us to recover from the evade and be able to retaliate is extended. This is the part that has REALLY affected passive evades but I’m now noticing it with dexterity as well.

Good example:
SS against cable sp1- if SS passive evade does NOT trigger and you dex away from the last part of his blasts, you can charge in immediately and start hitting him. If PASSIVE evade triggers, not only are you pushed way farther back but there’s also a MAJOR delay before you’re able to charge at Him. So much of a delay That not only is cable able to recover but also initiate an attack on you… and you just are able to block.

Recently, I’ve noticed dexterity is also pushing you further away from champs. Even noticed it while evading(dex) Electra SP1. Evading both shurikens, I was pushed so far back by the time I reach her she was already blocking. Even if I just block the first one evade the second I was still pushed far enough back so by the time I got to her I was parried. NEVER had that issue before.

This problem, combined with the AI faster recovery is... let’s go with annoying. Pretty big “change” in game play. Hoping it’s just a bug and not intended.

Comments

• Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Its always how champions with passive evades worked, pretty sure its working as intended as its been a thing since the very start of the game with classic spiderman
  • Options
    Issue is dex starting to behave like this. Thought I was clear on that
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    The thing with evades is that there's a window of time during which you will evade everything, and when you do the thing where you evade out all projectiles will pass through that window, some at the very end of that window, and you can punish it. However, with passive evades, they don't risk that and so the champ starts the evade when the projectile is about to hit you, so you have to go through the whole animation once the special has ended, and in that time the AI gets to recover.

Also different champs have different dash backs, so that should be considered too.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    It is a good point about distance of passive evade. Doesn’t account for recovery time...
    But again, my issue was with recent changes I’ve noticed with dexterity. I’ve been playing the game for three years, 750k player (not bragging just context)... well aware of champ specific idiosyncrasies. I’m talking about a change I’ve noticed quite recently, across the board, regardless of champ, respective to dexterity evade
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,245 ★★★★★
    WiMak wrote: »
    It is a good point about distance of passive evade. Doesn’t account for recovery time...
    But again, my issue was with recent changes I’ve noticed with dexterity. I’ve been playing the game for three years, 750k player (not bragging just context)... well aware of champ specific idiosyncrasies. I’m talking about a change I’ve noticed quite recently, across the board, regardless of champ, respective to dexterity evade

Im hav no isuse with dex only. If im using spidey with ikow of and Not a bug
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    WiMak wrote: »

What I'm saying is that it's only pronounced for multi-hit specials because the champ won't take into account the ability to evade at the very end, and will restart the animation for each new projectile. So the very last projectile will trigger a new animation, so the recovery time will be a lot larger.

Also, it might be something similar with the dex issues, because you can definitely time it so that the dex only happens at the tail end of the animation and you can punish, say Elektra's sp1 (which I sometimes get, sometimes don't), if you know what I'm saying. Dexing at the very start of it will naturally lead to a longer retaliation time.
  • Options
    MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    I've seen the same, trying to punish a special but bc of the delay it doesn't register the first bit of my swipe, so it registers a tap. I stand there like an idiot light attack half a screen away. Usually I can still recover with a parry or a dex, but it is annoying.

I think it is lag related. Been having lags n framedrops since 20.0 and that's also wjen this started.

PS: Been playing for 3,5 years too, seen it all too.