**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which mode should Nightcrawler start in?

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
edited July 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Okay, so NC is a ridiculously aggressive character in this game; despite the fact that in the actual MC universe he's essentially a pacifist. He's also got crazy defences; starting with a frequently-firing evade (22%) that goes up to 37% for physical attacks (most standard attacks aside from magneto/DS).

He's pretty annoying to fight; thanks to the auto-evade-attack bug that means he can strike you back before you've finished trying to hit him; meaning no possibility of defending. Kabam has known about this problem for many months; and clearly either don't want to fix it, or can't.

However, for the sake of a bit of game balance, I'd like to throw out an alternative 'fix' for this problem that doesn't nerf him unnecessarily: Why doesn't he start in Swashbuckling mode?

The other two current characters with two fighting modes (Beast and Spidergwen) both start in aggressive mode (Freestyle/Hunter) and get defensive later. Why doesn't NC do the same; starting in Swashbuckling and only getting defensive when he wants to?

Thoughts and votes, please.

Which mode should Nightcrawler start in? 18 votes

Swashbuckling
27%
TripleD_FenrirChopinAsLexLalalandMilkthewhalesVictoryvel 5 votes
Neyaphem
72%
TKalAviWeizmanMonasouAppleisgodNitrocurseSpeedbumpTheMageHuntermyPUNCAKEUncle_Fatty_247SummonerB2stulla86buttersDixiefarmroad 13 votes

Comments

• MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    Neyaphem
    I dont have him and i hate fighting 3 or 4 of them every war on stun immune nodes. but making him start in swashbuckling node would ruin him as a defender. we all know he would never switch to nayaphem. unless he uses special 1 he would never evade again.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Neyaphem
    Monasou wrote: »
    I dont have him and i hate fighting 3 or 4 of them every war on stun immune nodes. but making him start in swashbuckling node would ruin him as a defender. we all know he would never switch to nayaphem. unless he uses special 1 he would never evade again.

When he is in swashbuckling, his sp1 does not grant him evades either
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    Neyaphem
    TKal wrote: »
    When he is in swashbuckling, his sp1 does not grant him evades either

The fight usually ends very fast once he gets into swashbuckling mode so i never noticed.
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    Swashbuckling
    Okay, my vote was just my hate for this guy and the rng-fest he provides. Though I have to admit, him starting in this mode would make him pretty much useless on defense, so there's that...where's that evade countering champ Kabam? Since the symbiotes don't seem to do that and my Agent Venom isn't enough...