**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Luke Cage

I just performed a Special 3 on Luke Cage while he was INDESTRUCTIBLE — I thought during a Special 3, all buffs and passive effects are negated???

Thoughts? Am I missing something here?

Comments

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Not for them with indestructible buff :). Killmonger sp2 with 3x indestructible charge buff is a little different than Luke’s buff but ideal both are same but can be used in different ways. Luke’s buff is on a timer while killmonger is on a sp2 which means you need to be powerbuild smart to continue do sp2 while still keeping the charges up.

Their buffs survives everyone’s sp3 - including The Collector even though his sp3 is supposed to be “nothing can stop it” or something like that.

Ghost phase is an unique buff. In a way it’s an infinite “indestructible”, maybe it’s wrong wording but the point is that her phase node allows her to always survive everyone’s sp3.

Hopefully I answered your question :)
  • SmokieisgodSmokieisgod Posts: 104
    they are not negated they are paused
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    So , you used a special attack against someone who was indestructible. What's the issue really?

If you mean, you took damage from it, then you need to give more info about your opponent and area of the game it happened
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    The Sp3 is basically a pause. That way you can’t like bleed out or miss any buff durations yourself.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Same as Iceman's armor. Don't sp3 Iceman while his armor is up and running.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,343 ★★★★★
    Chubs2X wrote: »
    I just performed a Special 3 on Luke Cage while he was INDESTRUCTIBLE — I thought during a Special 3, all buffs and passive effects are negated???

Thoughts? Am I missing something here?

No, but if you're a new player you might think that, because: usually when you hit Pause, it gives you the details of all buffs and debuffs. During a Special-3, this feature is disabled.

The message that tells you this is poorly worded, and could give you the impression that is the buffs themselves which are paused during Special-3 Attacks; rather than the 'explanatory pause' screen that ordinarily tells you about them.

Hope that clarifies for you!