**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Defensive Crystal

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
Did Kabam just give up? I feel like this is them saying “oh yeah we make champions with specific roles in mind” instead of their “any champion can shine anywhere” stance they used to brush off a lot of the initial diversity hate

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    What, in champion spotlights they literally tell you where they could be good and what their roles could be
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    What, in champion spotlights they literally tell you where they could be good and what their roles could be

Mostly those are matchups being commented on outside of the game. This is in-game confirmation
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Some Champs have Abilities that are Defensive in nature. That's nothing new. You can still use them in other areas of the game. They're just more proficient in Defense. That comment was taken way too literally. They don't create Champs with the express purpose of Defense alone.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    I cannot fathom how quake is stronger defensively and killmonger is NOT.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Luckily top dog defender Miles is in there...

For 30-50 usd I'd expect only top tier defenders to be in there. Korg, Domino, IMIW, Medusa, MODOK....can't even think of 10. Well, 5 then. Spending money like that and then getting trash...pfff

Just the fact that a champ has more defensive capabilities does not make him an ultimate or legendary defender. Sometimes it just means they suck even more offensively.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    MattMan wrote: »
    Is cyclops in there? He’s the most effective champ out there

Exactly, where's the top tier defender on sp1 bias?

Ohh yes..speaking of which...no sign of Iron Patriot, Iron Man (classic), Hulkbuster, Howard The Duck, Ultron, Superior Iron Man, King Groot, Colossus, Magneto, YJ, Antman, and Rhino...

And yet Groot is considered legendary. Groot > Ultron... jus WOW
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

I really want to agree with you on that statement… but that’s like saying they also don’t create champions as counters to those same defensive champs.

And before you say otherwise:
    They literally had to add Corvus and Proxima a month before IMIW because of this
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    It's a good possibility the Crystal is comprised of the data showing those are the most used in Defense.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    It's a good possibility the Crystal is comprised of the data showing those are the most used in Defense.

I am surprised but I am agreeing here. Keep in mind if alliances in lower tier like silver and stone tier keeps dying on groot (especially if OP defenders like iwim aren't an option), based on the sampling size groot maybe an amazing defender based on data collected from all tiers (eg. Average 10 kills when groot is used, apply to x alliances).
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    Marri wrote: »
    Luckily top dog defender Miles is in there...

For 30-50 usd I'd expect only top tier defenders to be in there. Korg, Domino, IMIW, Medusa, MODOK....can't even think of 10. Well, 5 then. Spending money like that and then getting trash...pfff

Just the fact that a champ has more defensive capabilities does not make him an ultimate or legendary defender. Sometimes it just means they suck even more offensively.

Miles, spider-man classic(high Sig), can still screw me over. Started bringing in venom on AW attack for those spider-verse evader's and IMIW. So don't laugh those guys can still get kills.