**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Parry Refunding

13»

Comments

• Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    So he bought the 3 cores to unlock parry and want to have parry at level 1.

Now he will still put 1 point in parry. Which is free now. The cores will just sit in his inventory because he does not want level 2 and 3 and never did.

So he paid 405 units and getting back cores which are useless.

Is that right @Markjv81 ?

Bingo.
  • jeffgmngjeffgmng Posts: 115
    edited December 2018
    Markjv81 wrote: »

Now he will still put 1 point in parry. Which is free now. The cores will just sit in his inventory because he does not want level 2 and 3 and never did.

Bingo.

I feel your agony for expressing your thoughts. I just dont get it. Why is it hard for those guys to understand? 😂 why kabam just dont do what they did on MD nerf. Refunding the resources you actually used on buying cores.

• EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    So, I had some stoney cores in my stash lying around which I bought from a deal a while ago (yeah I’m a dumbass to do that, not the point), which I used to unlock parry again. I can still expect those cores back with the refund right?

Yep! You'll still be getting those Cores for the Parry Mastery refund back!

Allrighty then 👍 just got them back with ingame mail.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    jeffgmng wrote: »
    Markjv81 wrote: »

Bingo.

I feel your agony for expressing your thoughts. I just dont get it. Why is it hard for those guys to understand? 😂 why kabam just dont do what they did on MD nerf. Refunding the resources you actually used on buying cores.

He spent 1. Which was given back to him, plus two more. Now, he doesn't need one to have it unlocked. That's 3 Cores he can use on something else. Instead, he wants 135 Units. Do you see how that's just extra?
    I'm neither. They're not refunding Units. They're refunding Cores. They're not changing how the Mastery functions. They're changing the unlocking requirements. Once you purchase a Mastery and unlock it, it's spent. OP got two extra free Cores, and still expects a refund on Units.
    Had this been a change like MD where the functionality of Parry changed, I might be inclined to agree with refunding in the same method of purchase. Seeing as how they're just changing the layout and the amount required for the first Level, all that says to me is unreasonable expectations.
    Further to that, the argument was that he had one. Not 3. In his own words. I asked specifically how many he purchased and had prior to this. He said one. Not 3. Which means he either had 2 Cores he didn't use, only purchased one, or chose to unlock them all and only used one. Choices.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    what is the total mastery points we are meant to have, I thought I had 3 in parry but was only given 1 point back, knowing the overall total will make certain one way otr the other if I did have 3 in parry but only given 1 back
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Before this change, it took 3 stoney cores to unlock parry. Levels 2 and 3 were free.

Now it takes 0 stoney cores to unlock parry. Level 2 takes 1 stoney core and level 3 takes 2 stoney cores.

This is how the breakdown of refunds should have worked:

You run 1 point in parry = Refunded the Unit cost of stoney cores (you don't need the cores if only 1 point is run)
    You run 2 points in Parry = Refunded the Unit cost of 2 Stoney cores and then giving 1 stoney core back.
    You run 3 points in Parry = Refunded the three stoney cores.

They should have taken a snapshot of our everyones parry set up and refunded accordingly.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom originally parry level 1 required 3 cores to unlock, which mark paid for. But now those 3 cores which he paid for is useless to him with regard to parry because parry level 1 is now free. So I that sense, I can agree with mark asking for units.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Before this change, it took 3 stoney cores to unlock parry. Levels 2 and 3 were free.

Now it takes 0 stoney cores to unlock parry. Level 2 takes 1 stoney core and level 3 takes 2 stoney cores.

This is how the breakdown of refunds should have worked:

You run 1 point in parry = Refunded the Unit cost of stoney cores (you don't need the cores if only 1 point is run)
    You run 2 points in Parry = Refunded the Unit cost of 2 Stoney cores and then giving 1 stoney core back.
    You run 3 points in Parry = Refunded the three stoney cores.

They should have taken a snapshot of our everyones parry set up and refunded accordingly.

So when you return items to a store, do you get to choose how the refund comes back to you? No, you get the refund back how you paid for it. Plus what if those cores were free and never bought? This was the fairest way of doing it.

If the cores arent expiring, what's the big deal? You can change masteries any time and maybe you'll want to max it out sometime. Other masteries require cores too.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    @Demonzfyre Well actually you can, you can request a replacement product if faulty, a credit note to use against a future purchase, cash or have the money returned on your card if you paid that way.

Well if the cores where free then they would have done what they did with the MD change and only refund what you paid for. If you were gifted them by someone then you would only get the cores refunded because you never spent units on them.

I run maxed out parry, always have since i unlocked it but not everyone does that. Prior to the change, people were forced to buy three cores to unlock the mastery but only ever wanted 1 point in it are now stuck with cores they may never use. New players don't need to spend anything to unlock parry.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre Well actually you can, you can request a replacement product if faulty, a credit note to use against a future purchase, cash or have the money returned on your card if you paid that way.

Well if the cores where free then they would have done what they did with the MD change and only refund what you paid for. If you were gifted them by someone then you would only get the cores refunded because you never spent units on them.

I run maxed out parry, always have since i unlocked it but not everyone does that. Prior to the change, people were forced to buy three cores to unlock the mastery but only ever wanted 1 point in it are now stuck with cores they may never use. New players don't need to spend anything to unlock parry.

Well that's what you are getting here, a credit note to use against future purchases....
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    edited December 2018
    , people were forced to buy three cores to unlock the mastery but only ever wanted 1 point in it are now stuck with cores they may never use. New players don't need to spend anything to unlock parry.

I'm one of these people
    give me the units not 3 useless core :|
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    edited December 2018
    To quote a genius..

“Let’s not argue and bicker ova’ “Who killed Who?!” This is supposed to be a Happy and Joyfull occasion!”

Or:

“Oh what sad times are these that passing ruffians can say “NEEE” to you at any time” - Robert The Shrubber.

Quest for the Knights who formley said “NEEeee”!!! for further instruction. And don’t forget the shrubbery!!