**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who thought that locking Parry was actually even an idea

Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
SERIOUSLY.

Aside from the fact that not everyone lives in your timezone, and a message would have been ACTUALLY nice (given how you can spam dungeons ones), WHO had the brilliant idea of locking parry for dunno even how many days? Literally in the middle of a quest you designed to rob wallets from, where mastery switch is absolutely needed, you go on and remove the ability to switch.

Suicides users are locked off, event runners are locked off, and pretty much everyone doing event quest in need of mastery change is now going to have to run AQ without parry nor the masteries following it.

WELL DONE. Hardly thought it could be any worse.

@Kabam Miike

Comments

• Evil_Monkey88Evil_Monkey88 Posts: 125
    True. This game is difficult without parry, how will we even play for the next few days?
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    They kicked stupidity up a notch.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Parry will be free for everyone to try out with free mastery configuration. It'll be OK lol
  • DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    Relocating Parry in the Mastery Tree - PARRY LOCKS TONIGHT
    November 27th 7 pm PST - 29th 10 am PST: We will be locking the ability to Purchase new ranks or Spec in to the Parry Mastery.

the anouncement is there since the 21st...if you dont like reading its your problem
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Did you reset your mastereies? If so they you should really check around.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/108199/relocating-parry-in-the-mastery-tree-parry-locks-tonight#latest

Kabam actually warned us if you do then you won't be able to access it for two days and if you already had it then you can still use it until the 4th.

Then after it will be free, and at a reduced cost, and we can test other builds out to.

If you rely on parry to be good at the game then you must not be very good and I wonder how you deal with stun immune champs.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Did you reset your mastereies? If so they you should really check around.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/108199/relocating-parry-in-the-mastery-tree-parry-locks-tonight#latest

Kabam actually warned us if you do then you won't be able to access it for two days and if you already had it then you can still use it until the 4th.

Then after it will be free, and at a reduced cost, and if you rely on parry to be good at the game then you must not be very good and I wonder how you deal with stun immune champs.

i did read the message but tbh i thought a message would pop up.

again, i don't live in their timezone, as 80% of the playerbase. some form of warning should have been issued as i was literally in the middle of variant path. Hard to calculate timezone or to focus on any else really.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    They also sent in-game mail 👀 that you must have missed

Also WHO in their right mind doesn’t keep at least 1 point in parry. I’m genuinely curious about that
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Or you could just, y'know, NOT reset your masteries for like 2 days?
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    They also sent in-game mail 👀 that you must have missed

Also WHO in their right mind doesn’t keep at least 1 point in parry. I’m genuinely curious about that

there is no message showing or showed in my mail, despite i did check couple times to make sure. As for Masteries, i had 2 paths left to 100% variant, one of which was spite. given i have 8 points in that tree, i really rather have taken off dexerity for the spite/100% power gain 45k juggs i had to kill then waste 5-10 revives on him. Blame me xD

Or you could just, y'know, NOT reset your masteries for like 2 days?

Reason why i was 100% variant today and not in the next 2 days...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Lol. Why do you need to remove dex for spite? :D