**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

First run of 5.3 and 5.4

So I have been playing for a year almost and was stuck at 5.3.1 for quite a while. Finally I was able to complete it with a revive last week and haven't looked back since.

5.3 wasn't that difficult and I didn't even need to look up any guide, however coming to 5.4 I realized that I can't scope out the map and just went with my experience. Cleared 5.4.1 (life transfer) and 5.4.2 (resilience) with ease.

My question is does it get much harder in subsequent chapters?
Do I need to look up guide for any specific chapter?
Any other suggestions or things to look out for, so I don't waste energy/resources?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    The pictures of the paths are infobot

Or

MCOC Act 5 Chapter 4 Map By CHQ Team - MCOC GUIDE - Best ...
    https://mcoc-guide.blogspot.com › mcoc-...
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Also in one or two of the quests, the path is labeled rage but doesnt feature the main rage node rather just a 10% chance for fury and some other nodes
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    The guides are super handy and almost necasarry for exploration.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    IMO one pass through doesn’t get too bad if you pick the easier path. The challenge comes in making sure you have the right counter for the bosses specifically in 5.4, 5.5, and 5.6. Not going in with a plan for those bosses will in some cases cost you a bunch of revives and Als may be not possible to clear depending on your champs

And like stated previously use infobot to scout your path to not be surprised or unprepared. 5.4 really requires path planning which is annoying since you can’t scout paths in game.
  • Options
    krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Timone147 wrote: »
    IMO one pass through doesn’t get too bad if you pick the easier path. The challenge comes in making sure you have the right counter for the bosses specifically in 5.4, 5.5, and 5.6. Not going in with a plan for those bosses will in some cases cost you a bunch of revives and Als may be not possible to clear depending on your champs

And like stated previously use infobot to scout your path to not be surprised or unprepared. 5.4 really requires path planning which is annoying since you can’t scout paths in game.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I'll look up a guide then. Was just planning to go with the flow but I guess I'd better look up a guide now.
  • Options
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    The guides are super handy and almost necasarry for exploration.

I think exploration is not something I'm planning right now, just the first run. But I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.
  • Options
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    Also in one or two of the quests, the path is labeled rage but doesnt feature the main rage node rather just a 10% chance for fury and some other nodes

Damn, that's just not right. I saw rage and I thought what a regular summoner would think.

I'll look up more details then. Thanks.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I know in 5.4 for my 1st clear, i picked the resistor path if/when available.

I had only a r4 4* magik with, at the time, 5/5 MD.

She would hit 3 bars almost immediately, because at 10 stacks, every hit would reapply a new stack, feeding MD, and then her sp3 would blow them up because of all of their resistor stacks.

So, if you havent finished, i recommend that path when available, assuming you have magik w/ MD.
  • Options
    dkatryl wrote: »

She would hit 3 bars almost immediately, because at 10 stacks, every hit would reapply a new stack, feeding MD, and then her sp3 would blow them up because of all of their resistor stacks.

So, if you havent finished, i recommend that path when available, assuming you have magik w/ MD.

I too have a 4/40 Magik but I'm using 5/50 voodoo at the moment. He converts all those buffs to poison.
  • Options
    dkatryl wrote: »

I too have a 4/40 Magik but I'm using 5/50 voodoo at the moment. He converts all those buffs to poison.

Incidentally, in 5.4.3 there's a war machine with multiple "empty the clip" triggers, voodoo had 44 poison stacks on him, died within 10 seconds.
  • Options
    MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    I just completed my first run of act 5 today. I found 5.4 easier than 5.3. If you’ve got the right champs for the bosses it’s a breeze. AA for hela/modok, Medusa for ultron etc. Google 5.4 guide easy path, it’ll list the champs and nodes they have for each map.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I didn’t even use an incinerate immune for mephisto, just toughed it with a 4/40 red hulk, who still took a lot of damage at the start, but 5.4 stays the same relatively, the last chapter is the easiest one though
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    5.4 isn't that bad if you have good counters for the final 3 bosses. Blade with the trinity is amazing for all 3. I used a 3* sparky and GR for synergy at the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Mbizz wrote: »
    I just completed my first run of act 5 today. I found 5.4 easier than 5.3. If you’ve got the right champs for the bosses it’s a breeze. AA for hela/modok, Medusa for ultron etc. Google 5.4 guide easy path, it’ll list the champs and nodes they have for each map.

Thanks. Yeah I have decent counters.

4/55 Blade, 3/45 AA for modok
    5/50 Void, 3/45 Mephisto, 4/55 Iceman for Mephisto
    4/40 Medusa for Ultron

Do you recommend any other champ for Ultron?
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Mbizz wrote: »

Thanks. Yeah I have decent counters.

4/55 Blade, 3/45 AA for modok
    5/50 Void, 3/45 Mephisto, 4/55 Iceman for Mephisto
    4/40 Medusa for Ultron

Do you recommend any other champ for Ultron?

Best Ultron counters. (can be others too but these are better as per my knowledge):
    Loki (even better with Thor rag Synergy)
    Medusa
    Holy Trinity
    Nebula.