**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it really essential to get a new device?

Basically, I was getting hammered in act 5.3 with a device that's 2 year old. Lags, crashes and what not. I couldn't even do one path of 5.3.1 without my team getting wiped before reaching mordo.

Bought a new device and completed act 5 in one go, no retries, just 5 revives and some pots. In your experience (on Android specifically) , does it really make a difference?

Is it really essential to get a new device? 26 votes

New device is absolutely necessary to go at the most difficult content
50% 13 votes
Difficult content is doable on lagging device
15% 4 votes
No way that I could do the UC content (too much resource usage)
0% 0 votes
Switch to iOS, nothing ever lags
15% 4 votes
I play with lag and I'm the lag champion, who needs new device
3% 1 vote
If you're paying buddy, I'll get a new device
15% 4 votes

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I've had an IPhone 6 for almost 4 years and mcoc runs pretty well, lags here and there but that honestly might be an issue with the phone, not the game, it seems like the main problems are with android devices.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    I play on the same android device since uodate 3.0.0, back in 2015.
    Back then, no issues. But in the current state of the game, having such an old device (android specifically) will hurt you, without a doubt. Apart from the load times, crashes (that makes some specific champions unplayable) and lags here and there (that makes you miss an evade or release a special attack in the wrong timing), there's something even worse, which it has to do with the amount of frames used at once.
    Seeing all these videos on youtube of iOs players being able to parry every hit to throw heavy attacks right after, and realising that's impossible to do on android really gives me no hope for android players out there. Every fight feels like your game is speeded up (specially when enemies dash at you, and you barely can do any action due to the fps), and every control you try to do doesn't register in the exact time you perform it
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    I play on the same android device since uodate 3.0.0, back in 2015.
    Back then, no issues. But in the current state of the game, having such an old device (android specifically) will hurt you, without a doubt. Apart from the load times, crashes (that makes some specific champions unplayable) and lags here and there (that makes you miss an evade or release a special attack in the wrong timing), there's something even worse, which it has to do with the amount of frames used at once.
    Seeing all these videos on youtube of iOs players being able to parry every hit to throw heavy attacks right after, and realising that's impossible to do on android really gives me no hope for android players out there. Every fight feels like your game is speeded up (specially when enemies dash at you, and you barely can do any action due to the fps), and every control you try to do doesn't register in the exact time you perform it

Very well said, exactly my experience as well. There's literally no time to respond on Android especially the old devices (if we can call a 2 yr old phone as old, which works perfectly otherwise).

I played on iPad mini 2 as well for a while but the 18.0 update combined with iOS 11 update messed it up. That device lags hard now. I actually did my uncollected run on that device because it was smoother than my Android.
    I've had some terrible experience with Android lagging. Then I switched to iPad 9.7 6th Generation. Worlds of difference. I could do things I never could, like...

Fully evade Cyclops specials
    Fully evade YJ's SP 1
    Fully evade OG Spider-Mans SP 1
    Fully evade Sentinels SP 2
    Reliably pull off the "Nightcrawler Switch Trick"
    Actually gain Poise Charges with Stark Enhanced Spider-Man
    Actually grind large amounts of arena, & enjoy it.
    Actually be impressed be the amazing imagery & animations within the game
    Actually feel like a half decent player
    Much more... could go on all day...

When there is no lag, you are simply much more confident in what you can do, because you know no BS is going tio happen. I would highly recommend getting a new iOS Device if you are a hardcore & active player.

Man, this is so true.

I just go into fights knowing that I can fully evade that YJ , OG Spidey SP1, it's actually made my war runs so much fun, I don't die anymore.

I'm trying to learn to dodge the bullets of some champs now because I ACTUALLY CAN. I can pin opponents in the corner because I know I can evade their heavy and specials, unlike my old device where I'd respond after the attack was already in my face.

Also to note, this only affects the highest levels of difficulties, honestly nobody will see much lag in arenas or master level.
    Sungj wrote: »
    I've had an IPhone 6 for almost 4 years and mcoc runs pretty well, lags here and there but that honestly might be an issue with the phone, not the game, it seems like the main problems are with android devices.

It's a combination of both. The device is getting old , yes, but the game and animations are also being made faster than before. Old devices definitely cannot keep up when you speed up the specials or the AI tries to chain attacks or there's 20 icons being displayed in screen and so many calculations/interactions going on.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    For android, it is 100% a necessity to upgrade your device. No android device will ever run as well as IOS, but in order to complete higher level content, it is needed to upgrade to newer phones.

I currently use a Galaxy Note 4 and it is useable, but a lot of times in more difficult fights such as boss fights or this new champion challenge on the heavyweight chapter, I get hit with lag that prevents my swipes from registering or gives the opponent just enough time to hit me between attacks with a special attack
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    edited December 2018
    using the razer phone for a year now, game has never lagged, go buy one, it was on sale last time I looked. you might get lucky.

TECH SPECS
    At a glance
    120Hz UltraMotion™ Display – A brighter screen with zero lag or stuttering
    Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845 (2.80 GHz) with Adreno 630 GPU, Vapor Chamber Cooling

System Memory
    8GB (LPDDR4X)

Storage
    Internal: 64GB UFS
    External: SIM + micro SD slot (up to 1TB)

Display
    5.72-inch IGZO LCD 1440 x 2560
    120Hz, Wide Color Gamut
    Corning Gorilla Glass 5
    Multi-touch
    Anti-Fingerprint Protection

https://www.razer.com/promos/cyberweekend-2018/featured#razer-phone