**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Challenger rating

Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Member Posts: 238
I'm pretty sure almost all the problems people having been reporting are related to the challenger rating. Despite what it's reported to do, it seems like a large portion of what it does is speed up the AI. Either skipping animation frames, decreasing block freeze times or increasing speed in general. When the rating difference is larger the non-registered parties, the CPU hitting you while you're still in the animation of you're last attack on a 5-hit combo, the attacking during an evade, combos dropping in the middle leading to you standing there or eating a return combo, etc., all these seems to happen more often. Probably because playing with one champ moving at a different speed was not how combat was intended and breaks the system. Putting in patches to try and compensate for the bugs happening isn't likely to fix a broken system. Take it back to a level speed and I'd guess the problems mostly disappear.

I could be completely wrong, but it really seems like that's what's happening to me. I'd try and find another way to make fights more difficult based on rating. I'd be happy to accept boosts and reductions similar to class effects.

Comments

• realiTicrealiTic Member Posts: 96
    IMO DR is basically different AIs with different abilities.

AI with less then 3k rating: No issues, can do everything we did before.

AI 3k~4k rating: Can parry easily but not connect specials after 5 hit combo

AI 4k~5k rating: All issues above. Plus these new issues. We can no longer parry right after a 5 hit combo. AI double dash forward thus bypassing our evade. AI can immediately attack after getting hit by a combo or special.

AI 5k rating above: All issue above. Plus these new issues. AI blocking or attacking right after performing specials or heavy. AI able to move forward during heavy.

Also the leg twitcher of 12.0 is sort of back after this update, they now do fist pump!