Wasted Mastery? HP

I just unlocked the RECOVERY mastery, and maxed it out. I was under the impression that I'm going to be recovering some decent amount of HP.

SALVE alone says you recover 4.0 HP twice per second — 8 HP x 60 seconds = 480 HP?

klagyrp1hq0p.png

RECOVERY says the HP you recovery is increased by 15% when maxed? 8.0 HP x 15.0%

6pb2sc2vlxx4.png

My question is how come my champ is only recovering 5 HP? Am I calculating this wrong, let me know!!

jr9qyvae68uk.png

Comments

• CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Member Posts: 231
    edited December 2018
    5x2 = 10 health per sec

10x60 = 600 health per min.

Most fights like what you are showing only last about 30-45s

Your math is correct. I'm guessing you just had higher expectations from how much that actually is. That's why maxing Salve once you have ranked up 5* is completely worthless.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Member Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    That 5 hp happens twice per second
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Member Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Hope that helps
  • sd__whitesd__white Member Posts: 182
    CoBfan1987 wrote: »
    5x2 = 10 health per sec

Your math is correct. I'm guessing you just had higher expectations from how much that actually is. That's why maxing Salve once you have ranked up 5* is completely worthless.

I did think it would be more HP... 😔😪, should've used those cores on something different
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Member Posts: 374
    SALVE mastery need a boost
  • sd__whitesd__white Member Posts: 182
    HULK_BREAK wrote: »
    SALVE mastery need a boost

What you mean, you mean KAbam need to increase the amount?
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Member Posts: 374
    yes
  • DshuDshu Member Posts: 1,504 ★★★★
    These masteries are geared to increase as you progress in the game. Salve is an early healing mastery that is great for beginners as you grow you unlock more mastery points and can invest in stronger masteries. There is nothing wrong with the mastery the problem is that ranking resources and higher tier champs have become available to lower tier players much faster now. In the original release of masteries 4*s were harder to get than 6*s are now and ranking them to even 3 was a huge undertaking. Getting masteries like salve were huge to new players because the % of health it gave a 2 or 3* was a lot more than what you are getting in 4-6*s. Because they made the early stages easier for all of you new players you are expecting more from the game than you should. You will never understand how huge the addition of masteries were to older players and how much they helped us progress in that time. Yes it's not a worthy mastery to max anymore but if you had researched it before investing in it you would have known that and wouldn't have had to post a complaint in the forum. Best advice is talk to older players before you invest in things and find out whether its worth it or not.
  • StewmanStewman Member Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    salve is pretty worthless once you have any champs with a decent HP
    Its pretty great when you first start with 1 and 2 stars, beyond that most people only put 1 point in it just to get to recovery which is actually helpful if you use willpower or regen champs.
    Though no regen is as good as it was pre 12.0 because of diminishing returns.
    And I don't think recovery effects salve at all, even tho as it is stated it should.
  • dkatryldkatryl Member Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Not arguing the health value of 1/3 Salve vs 3/3 to unlock Recovery, especially on 5*, but i will point out the difference in PI growth, which matters to arena grinders.

Assuming you only put the minimum points in to unlock Willpower, 3/3 Salve and 2/5 Stand Your Ground (which caps the PI growth at the 2nd rank) gives more of a PI increase than you could get from going 1/3 Salve and spending those 2 masteries elsewhere.

For instance, I would rather go 1/3 Salve, 1/5 SYG (17% vs 20% isnt worth a mastery) and go a full 4/4 block proficiency, but the PI increase from that setup is roughly half of the previous.

Now, if you dont grind arenas, PI means nothing, and yeah, Salve is negligible to non-2*'s
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Member Posts: 905 ★★★
    I think Seatin still runs 3/3 Salve for the PI boost and he is Elite.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Member Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Salve is more of a “have to get” mastery so you can get recovery which is very useful.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Salve needs to.b buff pretty weak right now
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    @sd__white you will notice a bigger difference from recovery when you use regen champs. It will boost the health they recover.
  • StrStr Member Posts: 547 ★★
    sd__white wrote: »
    CoBfan1987 wrote: »
    5x2 = 10 health per sec

I did think it would be more HP... 😔😪, should've used those cores on something different

Early in game this is a very good mastery. It can save you a lot of potions and revives early game. Especially for 2*s and 3*s.