**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Iceman on Thorns...

2»

Comments

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I used cap IW. Mine is a 5*r4 though. Combine with parry+pacify and heavy to SP2 and then time sp2 around his ice armor for the KO.

Doing this and splitting the lines he was able to clear each half line single handedly with 0 death and left with 50% of his health.

My recommendation always for thorns if you don’t have a proper “counter champ” is to use parry + pacify and try to find a champ with the right health vs attack to counter plus add pacify and only hit while stunned to try and minimize income damage.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I used wolverine his regen countered the damage from cold snap and thorns
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    ST might still be your best bet. With KM, he can partially avoid thorns too.

I can confirm that the synergy does avoid Thorns in the first hit. So to minimize damage you can do parry and only 1 hit, rinse repeat. Convert furies by idling instead of with the sp2 as you will get wrecked fast if you use specials. Save your sp3 til the end so you can convert the big boy fury.

I haven't done this path yet so not saying I've tried it, but with ST specials causing bleed he should have that same 100% AAR with each bleed as with parry stun. So his sp2 would theoretically be your best source of damage while avoiding thorns.

It's Iceman that's the problem. Bleed immune.

I can confirm that the synergy does avoid Thorns in the first hit. So to minimize damage you can do parry and only 1 hit, rinse repeat. Convert furies by idling instead of with the sp2 as you will get wrecked fast if you use specials. Save your sp3 til the end so you can convert the big boy fury.

I haven't done this path yet so not saying I've tried it, but with ST specials causing bleed he should have that same 100% AAR with each bleed as with parry stun. So his sp2 would theoretically be your best source of damage while avoiding thorns.

Use wolverine it's a longer fight but it works. You don't need to bleed them. In the original version of aw people would use colossus on thorns to stop bleed champs from walking through it. You just need to think outside the box and not rely on alt damage to win
    Nojokejaym wrote: »
    or just do have switch to another lane then go back and finish the other half

Not doing the whole lane in one go. Like I stated, the only problem is Iceman with cold snap and thorns. Leaves me limping to Dark Hawk, who is easy but doesn't leave room for any error.
    Lvernon15 wrote: »
    If you have spark he works, just use heavies

Thanks, gonna try him. Didn't even attempt him because of his high crit rate. Figured it'd end me.
    Dshu wrote: »

Use wolverine it's a longer fight but it works. You don't need to bleed them. In the original version of aw people would use colossus on thorns to stop bleed champs from walking through it. You just need to think outside the box and not rely on alt damage to win

I hear you... but no Wolvie.
    @BLEEDlNG_DGE can you post your champs to make it easier to help you
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

This is what I did. Finished the fight with 95% health.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Thorns node work off the defenders attack not yours. (Different from electro’s thorns). So if you can end the fight with as little hits as you can, you may be able to survive it. I used my sparky for iceman and he got down to 40% HP, but he’s R5. I didn’t even build up that many poise. With 10 poise. fight could end quicker.

Thanks, gonna try him. Didn't even attempt him because of his high crit rate. Figured it'd end me.

ezgoing wrote: »
    Thorns node work off the defenders attack not yours. (Different from electro’s thorns). So if you can end the fight with as little hits as you can, you may be able to survive it. I used my sparky for iceman and he got down to 40% HP, but he’s R5. I didn’t even build up that many poise. With 10 poise. fight could end quicker.

Gonna try Sparky. Mine is R3 though.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I think I used my void and landed about 2 hits the entire fight
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I did it!
    A combination of Sparky + Domino. Parry heavy till he was down. Lost my Sparky though. That coldsnap was still too heavy for him.

I appreciate your help. Learned alot.