**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Considering next 5* to R3 - Discussion Welcomed

10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,196 ★★★
Many of these normally are set as polls, but I'm curious about hearing some more discussion around them. I have five R2 5*s that I'm considering bringing up, and I don't have much experience with four of them, so looking for some insight.

The options (all un-awakened currently) are:
  • The Champion
  • Night Stalker
  • Morningstar
  • Carnage
  • Archangel

Background: I've completed my first run through Act 5 and working on 5.4 exploration currently. I am also getting ready for my first LOL run hopefully early next year, but I am covered for that with 5/65 Sparky and 5/65 Blade (with GR, Miles Morales and Vulture for synergies). I have an extensive 5* roster, but I'm always interested in tweaking when I get strong new acquisitions.

I'm in a low tier AW Alliance, so not worried about the top tier competition, but I'm definitely interested if any of these 5 would excel on AW Defense (I know The Champion makes for an appealing boss as he gets last-node-specific boosts, but I know that also gets much better when he's awakened).

Basically I'm curious on two fronts here: Who would be most useful overall in the goals of exploring endgame content, and who would likely be the best addition to my AW defense team?

For anyone that made it this far, thanks for reading. :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Who’s night stalker
  • Options
    My apologies...Night Thrasher (funnily enough, I managed to re-create that auto-correct with a mis-typed "Thrasher" becoming "Stalker" on my phone...not what I would choose, but such is the joy of Samsung's autocorrect, I guess).
  • Options
    Archangel is op with neurotoxin and bleed
  • Options
    Archangel is op with neurotoxin and bleed

And I know from my maxed 4* version of him that his sig ability makes that much more potent. It's been ages since I've used an AA that was NOT duped; does he still hold up well without his sig, at least well enough to make him useful until he can be duped?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    It's a toss-up between NT or AA for me. AA is an obvious choice. I'm still getting to know NT. He seems to have applications. If you want raw Damage, then AA for sure.
  • Options
    Thanos_CarThanos_Car Posts: 298
    NT has an amazing synergy with GR, so honestly if you have him, go for NT. also, new champ so it would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    Nathan_9Nathan_9 Posts: 5
    I love the champion
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Thanks everyone for the input.

Update: With the holidays giving me some time to grind for more resources, and some good luck with gifting and such, I managed to get what I needed to get both The Champion and Night Thrasher up to 3/45. The Champion is an awesome AW boss (I'm not in a high-level Alliance, so not sure how he'd do in top tier AW Defense), and I managed to use a cosmic AG I got from a Greater Gifting Crystal to at least awaken his sig ability, which improves his usefulness quite a bit. I'm still getting used to Night Thrasher, but his sig with Ghost Rider gives GR a nice bump up within the Holy Trinity, so that helps a lot too. I'm getting close to being able to take GR to 4/55, so that'll be a nice plus as well.

AA is definitely someone I'll be looking at the next time I get the necessary mutant T4CCs. I had hoped I'd get what I needed for him over the holidays (thus his inclusion on this list) but I ended up not getting mutant cats.