**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which 5* Mutant to use R4->R5 gem on???

Please comment with your reasoning!

Which 5* Mutant to use R4->R5 gem on??? 65 votes

Duped 5* Domino
66%
LeNoirFaineantShynight00Raganatorbelli300INTEGRALDrownedGodAlex13369SungjVinitlalka1988Jim0172BreybreyCrimsontide1616DTMelodicMetalDuke_SilverkikiFurieuxxananabananaDingaloWerewrymRasiloverPeterQuill 43 votes
Duped 5* Iceman (because Domino has a 6*)
33%
ThatweirdguyHoldengCapWW2TendersquadDrake2078JohnyzeroZzzvinniegainzPriyansh7[Deleted User]My_SuperiorPaytoPlayJoMama999The_red_EclipseV1PER1987ThatOneMasterGamerProf_SpoodermannLordNeoUltimatesaber32LostReplica23 22 votes

Comments

• Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Duped 5* Domino
    With how slow you gain 6-star shards on top of how large the ever-expanding pool is you can't say you'll ever get a 6* domino. Domino is such a strong attacker and defender, unless you are in dire dire need of a high level immunities champion I wouldn't hesitate to rank her
  • Options
    MixkebabMixkebab Posts: 82
    @Sungj And yet the poll is still split even at 50/50 haha
    For those voting Iceman, do you have a different reason from the one I put down?
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Duped 5* Domino
    You have to rank Domino... There's nothing wrong with having two Dominos if you get lucky in the 6* crystal.
  • Options
    MixkebabMixkebab Posts: 82
    Still 50/50. This is a tight race.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Mixkebab wrote: »
    For those voting Iceman, do you have a different reason from the one I put down?

Just that Iceman has more utility than Domino. Personally I think Domino is a little overhyped. She does ok and she’s not bad but she’s not amazing IMO. Iceman has triple immunity, ice armor (tank those L3s)c, and Coldsnap to negate evasion. He just seems more useful.
  • Options
    Fighter092Fighter092 Posts: 128
    Duped iceman, he is not in the 6* pool, domino is amazing but you need rulk and massacre to release her max damage output.
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Duped 5* Domino
    OMG

I can't believe you would ask for advice!
    if you saw the thread, you'll know what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Duped 5* Domino

One important thing you should consider as well is if you ever plan on doing LOL completion or 100 % exploration. Domino with the massacre synergy may be the best if not, top 3 or 4 options for that. Infinite parries mean that there is much less room for mistakes in long fights and even lets her get past the LOL spiderman. She can one shot some of the most difficult fights like juggernaut and maestro. Iceman is good for utility but is lacking in the insane damage domino Is capable of. If you worry that she is overrated just go watch videos of her clearing LOL bosses, she's not.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Unless you specifically need a 5/65 defender and someone to clear LoL (domino should go on AWD as a 5/65) I wouldn’t personally r5 domino.
    She’s a decent monthly quester, decent in variant but I feel that variant is easier with more specialized champs.
    Unless you run easy/non specialized paths, you won’t be bringing her in high tier AW on attack because she is too good as a defender as already mentioned. (I would waste the diversity point for at the at least one kill even if there are multiple dominos in your bg)

I say iceman just because the possibilities are more vast:
    variant chapter 1: the hypes, the power gain lanes, the caltrops boss in 1.3
    AWD
    AWA
    Questing

Litterally the only place iceman does not do well is LoL (thought at 5/65 I still imagine he’s probably decent for guilly and abom)

One is only better than the other depending on what YOU need.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Duped 5* Domino
    I have a 4/55 Domino and a 4/55 Iceman. Love both but I'm taking Domino to 5/65 when I get the t2 alphas.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Sungj wrote: »

One important thing you should consider as well is if you ever plan on doing LOL completion or 100 % exploration. Domino with the massacre synergy may be the best if not, top 3 or 4 options for that. Infinite parries mean that there is much less room for mistakes in long fights and even lets her get past the LOL spiderman. She can one shot some of the most difficult fights like juggernaut and maestro. Iceman is good for utility but is lacking in the insane damage domino Is capable of. If you worry that she is overrated just go watch videos of her clearing LOL bosses, she's not.

I would be really interested to see how she does against bleed immune because the real insane damage she does is from critical bleeds. At least that I’ve noticed. And I’m not just some noob parroting from what I’ve heard. I’ve had her since release at 3/45 and duped at sig 70. Like I said she’s not bad, she just doesn’t really pop for me. There’s other champs I’d rather bring on quests over her unless I just want to see big bleed damage. Ultimately I ended up ranking Sabretooth all the way up to 5/65 and I can say with a high amount of confidence that he has allowed be do a lot of things I don’t think Domino would’ve.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Duped 5* Domino
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »

I would be really interested to see how she does against bleed immune because the real insane damage she does is from critical bleeds. At least that I’ve noticed. And I’m not just some noob parroting from what I’ve heard. I’ve had her since release at 3/45 and duped at sig 70. Like I said she’s not bad, she just doesn’t really pop for me. There’s other champs I’d rather bring on quests over her unless I just want to see big bleed damage. Ultimately I ended up ranking Sabretooth all the way up to 5/65 and I can say with a high amount of confidence that he has allowed be do a lot of things I don’t think Domino would’ve.

Domino hater :tongue:. She’s actually really really good if you can learn to deal with her randomness. I took mine unduped to 4/55 and she is one of my best champs. It’s not actually essential to fight only opponents that can bleed. Her specials hit quite hard when she is lucky, and if you have Rulk on the team you can get some decent incinerate damage in. She’s actually pretty viable in LOL even against bleed immune, although the fight will be longer. I would definitely rank her to 4/55 if I were you.