**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thorns Node Mislabeled or Not Working Correctly in Monthly Event Quest.

Hello,
I have submitted a ticket but also wanted to post to the forums in order to bring attention to the matter.
In the Monthly Event Quest, Chapter 3 Part 2, the second path on the left's node reads, "Retaliates with 15% Attack as Physical Damage whenever struck by an Attack makes contact."
First, this node doesn't specify what "Attack" is being taken into context so I did the math on all possible solutions with a control test.
Test:
5/50 Stark Spidey with no other champions so no added synergies, also no poise charges were gained.
Against
First Node Gladiator Hulk
Spider Stark attack: 1,340
Ghulk attack: 5,232
(7,848 if you want to say his +50% Attack and Health Iso-Infused node isn't included in the original number)
If we get these down to the 15% margin in kind we see
Spider Stark: 201
Ghulk: 784.8
(1,177.2)
Now looking at multiple screenshots and videos I have, the true damage follows as is:
Hit Landed-261
Damage Received-953
Hit Landed- 900
Damage Received-961
Hit Landed-407
Damage Received- 971

Now, looking at the discrepancies, the reason this becomes such an issue is that at the lowest amount of "unknown" damage received, we sit at 169 HP per hit and the fight lasting 30 hits we have 5,070 HP.
With Stark Spidey's max HP being 12,391 that means 40% of my health was taken without being told. This has caused me and unknown amounts of other players to use revives. If this is not a bug then we are simply being misled. I have videos and screenshots of multiple fights to prove against:
Critical Hits
Stacking Damage
Synergies
Class Advantages.
The damage is not consistent either as the videos will show.
Thank you for your quick reply.

Comments

• Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I think for most players it has been understood thorns means the defender's attack.

I would say that the description of the node says "physical damage" means its not direct damage and therefore subjected to armor, resistance, etc.

Ghulk after the node boost, and 15% taken you say is 1,177. 950-970 seems like the right amount of damage you should receive.

Edit: With Gulk, his attack can be increased based on crowd excitement.
  • Options
    VolumeOneVolumeOne Posts: 97
    Good point @Primmer79, including my Starkys 13% armor rating the number from the boost comes to 1,024; no masteries to increase damage reduction so regardless if the number seems right, it is still not consistent and goes UP over the combo.
  • Options
    VolumeOne wrote: »
    Good point @Primmer79, including my Starkys 13% armor rating the number from the boost comes to 1,024; no masteries to increase damage reduction so regardless if the number seems right, it is still not consistent and goes UP over the combo.

Added an edit to my post. As you hit gulk, his crowd excitement goes up, as crowd excitement goes up, attack is increased. That would attribute any variance. The actual math behind it (some of it with DR) throws me off, I tend not to fuss over exact numbers.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Perhaps crowd excitement has to do with fluctuations? Idk if it truly affects base attack tho. Strange mechanic
  • Options
    Perhaps crowd excitement has to do with fluctuations? Idk if it truly affects base attack tho. Strange mechanic

description just says it can go up to +80. so
    0=0
    100=+80

doubt its linear but there's some equation to it.