Black Widow Vs. Thorns

JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 203
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
If black widow sig is maxed out (69.99%) with a 15% increase ability synergy from quake with another 15% increase going up against a science champ making it 99.99% that enemy ability is NOT triggered due to subtlety...with that being said why is every OTHER hit im connecting is taking thorn damage...i was K.O a minite into the fight from thorn damage...i dont understand

Comments

• DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 783 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    It’s not additive, but multiplicative.

69.99% x 15% x 15%

69.99% x 1.15 x 1.15
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,196 ★★★
    Still get about 92% so should avoid most of it but not all
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 783 ★★★
    It’s still RNG. Even with the chance to trigger thorns at 7-8% per hit, it can happen multiple times in a row. It’s not likely that half your hits would trigger it but it’s not impossible.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,196 ★★★
    Kinda like mesmerize has only 7% chance to trigger but happens all the time
  • SmashSmash Posts: 607
    Throw those numbers out of the window. Kabam RNG is a different thing.
  • Drooped1Drooped1 Posts: 476 ★★★
    Just like in lol she has a 3 percent chance to evade. But can be done 5 times in a 5 hit combo
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 372 ★★
    You guys have to keep in mind that even a relatively small % chance adds up over a combo. Assuming your only ability reduction is 91% (9% proc Chance) over a 5 hit combo there is only ~62% chance whatever ability (thorns, Mez) doesn’t trigger. 10 hits? Drops below 40%. So basically don’t assume just because you are going to succeed 90% of time that you will negate it unless you plan on killing something in 10 hits or less.

This is why you usually use pacify mastery to help a little more (only hitting while stunned) and/or use champs with regen, high burst damage with minimal hits etc. Also can use masteries / weaken abilities to reduce opponents attack to reduce thorn damage.

Thorn / degen is still pretty lazy nodes from kabam similar to prove yourself, 50% reduction in damage except X class. Things like Bane are a much more interactive node which can wreck you if played wrong or can use to your advantage at times - hope for Act VI they have same flavor of new nodes they had with Act v that actually were at times fun and interactive
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 3,361 ★★★
    If you have the champs, can try this synergy?

Seems like it's 100 ability.

I am confused if the calculation is additive or multiplicative.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 372 ★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    If you have the champs, can try this synergy?

Seems like it's 100 ability.

I am confused if the calculation is additive or multiplicative.

I assume IMIW is multiplicative (and usually those are not cumulative either), and also only deals with evade. As covered countless times Quake/HE doesn’t help with BW ability reduction - you need potency for that (not accuracy since it has 100% accuracy - 100% chance on hit to reduce abilities from proc by 70%). Every ability has an accuracy (assume 100% unless listed) and potency.