**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Black Widow Vs. Thorns

JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
If black widow sig is maxed out (69.99%) with a 15% increase ability synergy from quake with another 15% increase going up against a science champ making it 99.99% that enemy ability is NOT triggered due to subtlety...with that being said why is every OTHER hit im connecting is taking thorn damage...i was K.O a minite into the fight from thorn damage...i dont understand

Comments

• DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    It’s not additive, but multiplicative.

69.99% x 15% x 15%

69.99% x 1.15 x 1.15
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Still get about 92% so should avoid most of it but not all
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    It’s still RNG. Even with the chance to trigger thorns at 7-8% per hit, it can happen multiple times in a row. It’s not likely that half your hits would trigger it but it’s not impossible.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Kinda like mesmerize has only 7% chance to trigger but happens all the time
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Throw those numbers out of the window. Kabam RNG is a different thing.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    You guys have to keep in mind that even a relatively small % chance adds up over a combo. Assuming your only ability reduction is 91% (9% proc Chance) over a 5 hit combo there is only ~62% chance whatever ability (thorns, Mez) doesn’t trigger. 10 hits? Drops below 40%. So basically don’t assume just because you are going to succeed 90% of time that you will negate it unless you plan on killing something in 10 hits or less.

This is why you usually use pacify mastery to help a little more (only hitting while stunned) and/or use champs with regen, high burst damage with minimal hits etc. Also can use masteries / weaken abilities to reduce opponents attack to reduce thorn damage.

Thorn / degen is still pretty lazy nodes from kabam similar to prove yourself, 50% reduction in damage except X class. Things like Bane are a much more interactive node which can wreck you if played wrong or can use to your advantage at times - hope for Act VI they have same flavor of new nodes they had with Act v that actually were at times fun and interactive
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    If you have the champs, can try this synergy?

Seems like it's 100 ability.

I am confused if the calculation is additive or multiplicative.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    If you have the champs, can try this synergy?

Seems like it's 100 ability.

I am confused if the calculation is additive or multiplicative.

I assume IMIW is multiplicative (and usually those are not cumulative either), and also only deals with evade. As covered countless times Quake/HE doesn’t help with BW ability reduction - you need potency for that (not accuracy since it has 100% accuracy - 100% chance on hit to reduce abilities from proc by 70%). Every ability has an accuracy (assume 100% unless listed) and potency.