**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can we rework the Arena Infinite streak algorithm?

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
Now now I know Kabam hasn't changed anything about it yet but I think they should. I can't even run 4/40s in the 4* Featured Arena at a 15 streak without running into 5/65 Medusa Dominos and Hyperions and it's making arena grinding even more of a chore then it already feels.

Comments

• DOA40DOA40 Posts: 94
    I mostly seem to get Medusa, MODOK, Stark Spidey, and IMIW. Doesn’t matter whether it’s the 4* Basic or 4* Featured. They’re always maxed out and always a pain in the butt just due to staying in block for 90% of the fight. And trying to bait them into using a 2nd, so that they don’t wreck you with a 3rd is almost impossible. The AI goes psycho trying to get the last bit of power: spamming heavies like they’re going out of style.

Kabam needs to fix a lot of things in the game. Will they do it? Not a bloody chance of an ice cube in Hell.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I don’t see the problem. Safe you best champs for those fights. No reason a 4/40 or 5:50 can’t take down a 5/65 without any nodes on it.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I don’t see the problem. Safe you best champs for those fights. No reason a 4/40 or 5:50 can’t take down a 5/65 without any nodes on it.

Unless they are fully awakened Medusa's Dominos and Hyperions. That's kinda hard for your average 4/40 to defeat.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★
    As far as i know, Kabam has never confirmed infinite streak as a game mechanic. Yes it exists. I'm well aware of it but I've never seen them comment or confirm how it works or what the true streak is.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    As far as i know, Kabam has never confirmed infinite streak as a game mechanic. Yes it exists. I'm well aware of it but I've never seen them comment or confirm how it works or what the true streak is.

If we base it off of their comments, its fairly safe to assume that our version of infinite streak is a way to force the game to pick certain matchups. And we know that matchups are previously used teams. Unless you go outside of what the equation gives you, and the game uses a kang or thanos team.

As many have figured out its about total PI of the team. This is why sandbagging works. You give your team an average PI, but the sandbagging makes your team look weaker, giving yourself two 'easy' fights. The difference I believe is that their equation matching system included r5 5* when they were not possible. These matchups gave kang and thanos teams which are fairly easy to beat with no masteries. Now, those matchups are possible. So instead of a kang or thanos team, we're getting buffed up r5 5* that are good champions because thats all people r5.

I don't know what to change it to. But the way it was built, we were given a target, we got to the target, and they changed the goalpost as a result of other changes in the game. Not necessarily unfair, but more difficult for the player.