**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

5.2.4 Magik how did it go for you?

Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 325 ★★
edited July 2017 in General Discussion

5.2.4 Magik how did it go for you? 64 votes

Fair challenge
60%
RotmgmoddyNevvBdanielmathShrimkinsKronos987654321Lo4eathBeowulfHaji_SaabTimone147RaganatorJestressCapWW2MjbootsDeadbyrd9Mwhitaker23Itay1234212PeacockJazzADDZZJaviPedrozaJets44 39 votes
What a waste of time
7%
DL864RagamugginGunnerJOHNOSA1995wSWeaponXPurveyor 5 votes
Wasted time and items then switched paths
23%
OwGssHiapeindexMcord11758Zeke_the_XbotTheLazyKing2StarKingNyalemum_m2Riise81NikskiniHazemKLee_Plu5iSymbioteLuke2323AATT 15 votes
Never Again
7%
GbSarkarHulk_77DukeBigbadromoBaraks 5 votes

Comments

• ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Fair challenge
    I have a 5* 4/55 gilly.....she was easy
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    What a waste of time
    What's the secret to beating her? (Don't say units, money or wallet)
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    Not yet gone that path. But it seems she is very tough challenge.
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    Archangel
    Yea. He should b the best option against her. @I_ZERO_I great suggestion.
  • draculadracula Posts: 25
    x23 dupped, with suicides and regen
    dracula wrote: »
    x23 dupped, with suicides and regen

But that is called overpowering. But yes it should work too.
  • Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    Vision, Power drain and control her so no limbo, and heal block.

but for me I still did not challange that path yet. too scared to challange her.
  • Its_RohaNIts_RohaN Posts: 68
    Magik
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Fair challenge
    I used Magik against her for my 2nd run. For the first run I didn't bring my Magik, and oh boy that sucked a lot. You need a power control champion for her, otherwise, she is really difficult.
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    I'm actually curious if some who commented had in actual fact done the path or simply trying to be a Good Samaritan? Magik @5.2.4 centre path comes with a local node called Buffet. It takes away debuff every 7-10sec cycle and regen Illyana up to 10% of her max health. She's 18k PI and that puts her at about 144k health. Even at say 7% regen, that's a whopping up to 10k regened health. Not to mention you still have Limbo to deal with.

So just out of curiosity, I'd honestly like to understand the following suggestions that were put forth earlier:
    1) Gully - ok. In previous post, this had been discussed and I think she can work despite the very narrow window during Masochism. I haven't tried but the logic is sound.
    2) Archangel - does neurotoxin (a passive) gets debuffed when Buffet triggers? Genuinely curious here cos neurotoxin is bleed dependant. So does neurotoxin continues to work even after bleed is debuffed?
    3) X23 - same. her prowess is bleed dependant. Is her stacked bleed sufficient to cause above 10k before debuff triggers?
    4) Vision - bad call. I tried during my first run. His power burn comes with 7sec heal block. It will simply trigger Buffet every single time. Same goes with Ultron.
    5) Gwenpool - again, bleed dependant. I tried with a
    5* 3/45 sig lvl20. After 90hits, coupled with suffering 2 Limbos, and 2 Sp3 from Magik, she remains at full health. I basically exit the fight knowing Gwenpool simply cannot counter Buffet.
    6) Magik - she is by far the most effective for me.

Would appreciate some response especially on x23 and Archangel. Thanks in advance.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    It's the bs nodes that make her an DS so hard, you got buffet an masochism, something they said wouldn't happen but guess what, they did it anyway. Magik is a good option an worked best for me, I also found DS to be the harder out of the 2
    I've long abandoned the idea that we can solo Magik or DS at 5.2.4 or even the Collector at 5.2.6. I'm just looking at what champs are most efficient dealing with them in my next runs. I thought about bringing my unduped 5* HE, keep spamming s1 before the 7sec cycle and pray no bleed. Just not sure if that's an efficient use of a champ space for Act 5.2.4.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    I can't even remember this being a fight, I just wondered through it with SL being a beast lol
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    R4 Ronan, easy solo fight. Just like the DS afterwards
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    What a waste of time
    Her and Strange were a pure money grab. Used SW and Magik to power lock them.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Fair challenge
    Easy fight with my magik
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Fair challenge
    @Threedeadkings I won't address everything here, if you'd like to talk, I'm on the line app: Primmer79 I have 100% 5.2 if that helps your confidence I'm more than just giving suggestions.

My go-to was voodoo. Put the brother daniel on her, and its a 50% reduction in chance of limbo, and gaining health from buffs/debuffs. Only use odd combo sp2 and can manage power slightly also. I still used revives for either luck not going my way, or having a terrible fight.

for other areas of the map, the reason bleeders really work (besides overpowering) is if you have despair for a mastery. For this map I actually went back and put the third level in, previously I only had 2. Once in awhile, the debuff will be eaten and converted but the debuffs that are on the opponent will decrease healing. Same strategy can be used for magik, IF she hits limbo, despair affects the amount of health she gains back. Not saying these are great answers for her, but possible answers
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    @Threedeadkings I won't address everything here, if you'd like to talk, I'm on the line app: Primmer79 I have 100% 5.2 if that helps your confidence I'm more than just giving suggestions.

My go-to was voodoo. Put the brother daniel on her, and its a 50% reduction in chance of limbo, and gaining health from buffs/debuffs. Only use odd combo sp2 and can manage power slightly also. I still used revives for either luck not going my way, or having a terrible fight.

for other areas of the map, the reason bleeders really work (besides overpowering) is if you have despair for a mastery. For this map I actually went back and put the third level in, previously I only had 2. Once in awhile, the debuff will be eaten and converted but the debuffs that are on the opponent will decrease healing. Same strategy can be used for magik, IF she hits limbo, despair affects the amount of health she gains back. Not saying these are great answers for her, but possible answers

What about Mordo? His Soul Barb seriously hampers life gain, but if it gets eaten by masochism, it doesn't matter. He also has very good energy resistance while blocking.
    I haven't done Magik yet, so just throwing out ideas.
    Fair challenge
    I was hesitant to try Mordo, only because of threads ive seen on here that mentioned how he has to be blocking when limbo starts in order to receive less damage from limbo. Not sure if I have it right, or its a thing, but only having to face her twice I didn't bother trying.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    I think I need a shower... coz she pounded me against my will =(
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    Fair challenge
    Guilly or GP wrecks her
  • AlexsharonAlexsharon Posts: 17
    Thor annihilated her
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Fair challenge
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    I used Magik against her for my 2nd run. For the first run I didn't bring my Magik, and oh boy that sucked a lot. You need a power control champion for her, otherwise, she is really difficult.

Lies,

Thor owns this magik due to node reversal and armor break. Og vision, Guillotine, jane foster, Mordo, and HE are choices as well.

Other choices are Archangel, Gwenpool, Karnak, Electra and Quake due to ability accuracy reduction.
  • TasvroTasvro Posts: 9
    Fair challenge
    I really didn't remember her or Dr. strange. I used AA against both and even though the bleed and poison can benefit them when Buffet kicks in,if you have neurotoxin on them they are heal blocked and don't get the health back.
    @Primmer79 thanks bro. Appreciate the insight. In all honesty, I didn't give Despair and DV much a thought until you brought it up. Good idea and recommendation.

@CapWW2 I don't doubt your ability at in-game but I have serious reservations about your Thor suggestion for 5.2.4 center path. Again no disrespect to you as you may well have completed 5.2 using Thor. What I question is Thor's suitability for 5.2.4. Thor's AB is capped at 2x. Max damage even at role reversal surely cannot go beyond 10k over 5 combos, and that's even assuming you manage to squeeze 2x AB+5 combos before buffet kicks in every 7sec cycle. Not to mention also that's assuming you kept Magik in check at power bar 1 to refrain her from going into Limbo. In summary I just don't see how Thor can be the go-to champ versus Magik or DS at 5.2.4 no matter how aggressive you play Thor. Further to your other suggestions, I did use GP and OR Vision/Vision AOU versus Magik and there is no way these champs are remotely suitable to counter buffet.

What I'm keen to understand further is Archangel's Neurotoxin effectiveness versus Buffet when it triggers.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Never Again
    You guys can use the Despair mastery and someone who pitches a lot of debuffs to really clamp down her healing too. Works perfect with using Gwenpool.
    Fair challenge
    @Threedeadkings Im surprised to hear GP didnt work. Her combo should have the same effect as I used for voodoo's BD. Once you hit a 50 combo with GP, no more limbo and should be no more health gained from stupid debuffs