**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What are your thoughts of Corvus Glaive?

2»

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

I really enjoy Corvus Glaive myself, though I totally understand that some would be worried about running out of Glaive charges with him. One way that I like to get some more damage out of him is actually to keep attacking an opponent while they are blocking. It felt really weird at first, since I was used to trying to not do that with other Champions, but since he can trigger Critical Hits through an enemy's block without spending Glaive charges, I can still get some decent damage by doing it.

Plus while his Glaive's Immunity is active, his SP2 drains 20% of the opponent’s Power if they are at max Power and is also Unblockable, so even if attacking into a block would give the opponent enough power for a SP3, my SP2 can push them back down under 3 bars of Power. I just have to make sure I use the SP2 while I still have Glaive charges.

You can probably just spawn 6 or 5 star corvus into your account or something. Lol. Jk.
    oh wow, another revived thread...
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    I always assume those who berates CG are either very skilled who don't need CG's shredding capability or they are not using him with his max rank.
    I have literally emotional attachment to this in game character. He was one of my early 4*, first 6* and second maxed out 5* after Domino. I consider myself mediocre at best, and don’t like to use items too much I am kinda addicted to crystal opening. But whatever content I have cleared CG helped me most.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Maldroit2 said:

I hate him. I don't like his gimmick of "after 25 hits, corvus's damage drops to zero". I think he's really overrated, and ill take anybody else over him. I just can't stand him.

@Maldroit2 do you still hate him?
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Tbh I just ain’t the biggest fan of corvus because of how much you have to commit to him, I mean he must be r5 and you pretty much need to run scuicides with him for him to be viable in difficulty content and for stuff like 6.3 and beyond he also needs boosts, it is just a lot of requirements I would rather just use someone like colossus who can just smash a whole bunch of content without needing all that stuff
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Corvus is really good as many people have described here, however I find that many don’t use him because they just don’t like his play style.(Myself included)
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    one of the few champions who illicit a very polar reaction...people will either hate him to the core or love him like no other champ exist in the game..similarly with quake as well.....he is great for shorter fights in my opinion till 6.1 or max 6.2 if i m stretching it....post that he requires some special skills special mastery setup (suicides) and serious ramping up...if you are lucky ull find a path with all the right matchups or if u r evn luckier ull find an imiw on your path giving you 3 charges from 1 fight then all u will need is a mutant opponent....if you are unlucky ull just find one tech champion on your path and will have only 1 charge before you face the boss...for longer fights like lol or aol corvus is like opposite of aegon he will go through multiple sets of all his glaive charges without significantly denting the opponent....the biggest flip side i find is without glaive charges his regular non crit damage is not even decent ...its like suddenly my 5* corvus became a 3* going against a 6* champ...

my personal opinion ... good to clear EQs, AQ/AW, incursions....good upto 6.1....trash for everything else...also suicide masteries highly recommended for the initial fights where u have no persistent charges.
    Bawa69 said:

one of the few champions who illicit a very polar reaction...people will either hate him to the core or love him like no other champ exist in the game..similarly with quake as well.....he is great for shorter fights in my opinion till 6.1 or max 6.2 if i m stretching it....post that he requires some special skills special mastery setup (suicides) and serious ramping up...if you are lucky ull find a path with all the right matchups or if u r evn luckier ull find an imiw on your path giving you 3 charges from 1 fight then all u will need is a mutant opponent....if you are unlucky ull just find one tech champion on your path and will have only 1 charge before you face the boss...for longer fights like lol or aol corvus is like opposite of aegon he will go through multiple sets of all his glaive charges without significantly denting the opponent....the biggest flip side i find is without glaive charges his regular non crit damage is not even decent ...its like suddenly my 5* corvus became a 3* going against a 6* champ...

my personal opinion ... good to clear EQs, AQ/AW, incursions....good upto 6.1....trash for everything else...also suicide masteries highly recommended for the initial fights where u have no persistent charges.

corvus is used for AOL though. Aegon can't solo a single fight in AOL. Neither can corvus. Aegon is better, but corvus is the 2nd best choice for most people. He also holds the record for the fastest GM kill, so there's that
    Corvus in 6.4:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svJN7uoC07k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT5cHEHaKvc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9vDO_a86ak
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqBhrK03E6A
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★

Maldroit2 said:

I hate him. I don't like his gimmick of "after 25 hits, corvus's damage drops to zero". I think he's really overrated, and ill take anybody else over him. I just can't stand him.

I still don't like him, and I think he's been outclassed over the years. Stealth suit Spidey completely outclasses him in everything.
    Maldroit2 said:

Maldroit2 said:

I still don't like him, and I think he's been outclassed over the years. Stealth suit Spidey completely outclasses him in everything.
    stealthy? I don't think so. Corvus has immunities, a bit of power-drain, really, really high damage, and an unblockable s2.
    He's a top 3 cosmic