**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dr Doom Class

John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
If we were to get Dr.Doom at some point in the contest, I would really hope Kabam took the time to realize he should be Mystic class. Most people believe he should be tech or science but he gains most of his powers from mixing mystic arts with technology.

What are everyone’s thoughts?

Comments

• dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Some kind of karnak (skill/cosmic) or UC (mutant/mystic) hybrid.

Tech/mystic.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    He has no reason to be a science champ. he will be mystic or tech. hopefully mystic
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    He’d be mystic
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    dkatryl wrote: »
    Some kind of karnak (skill/cosmic) or UC (mutant/mystic) hybrid.

Tech/mystic.

Yeah I was thinking maybe they’d do that. I’ve had debates with friends about him and I always have to argue about his mystic abilities. Just hoping kabam does right by him
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    He's more Tech than anything IMO.
    Hamin wrote: »

Have you looked at his background about his mother?
    Also if you look up most powerful magic users of Marvel, he is normally ranked top ten as well as Dr.Strange saying Doom could be SS
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    Tech/mystic i think, in the comics he uses technology to empower his sorcery/ dark mysticism.
    John757 wrote: »

Have you looked at his background about his mother?

If that's the case, RS should be science.

Looking back, though... given the state of the Mystic class, he'll probably be mystic.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    If we were to get Dr.Doom at some point in the contest, I would really hope Kabam took the time to realize he should be Mystic class. Most people believe he should be tech or science but he gains most of his powers from mixing mystic arts with technology.

He was Dr.Doom long before he could use mystic arts.
    He litterally learnt them a few years ago.
    So he COULD be mystic. He could also be tech. He could be science also.

It’s Kabam’s choice in the end.

edited January 2019
    TKal wrote: »

He was Dr.Doom long before he could use mystic arts.
    He litterally learnt them a few years ago.
    So he COULD be mystic. He could also be tech. He could be science also.

It’s Kabam’s choice in the end.

Actually magic was part of his life before he became Dr.Doom. His mother was a witch and practiced magic and he was taught magic while he grew up
    As long as they make him mystic or tech/mystic I will be happy

He should be cosmic class along with all the FF characters. They all got their powers from cosmic radiation.

Nope not true
    Maybe if you only watch the disgraceful movies. But in the comics Dr Doom made his suit using technology and magic. And that’s where his powers derive from
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    edited January 2019

He should be cosmic class along with all the FF characters. They all got their powers from cosmic radiation.

Yes, they were bombarded with cosmic rays. But they are not "Cosmic" in the sense that the game uses the terms. Characters who are Cosmic come from other worlds. The Fantastic Four were scientists who gained their powers on a SCIENTIFIC trip to space.

In the comics, Dr Doom wasn't a friend of Reid Richards and did not go into space with them.

Yes, they were bombarded with cosmic rays. But they are not "Cosmic" in the sense that the game uses the terms. Characters who are Cosmic come from other worlds. The Fantastic Four were scientists who gained their powers on a SCIENTIFIC trip to space.

In the comics, Dr Doom wasn't a friend of Reid Richards and did not go into space with them.

Amen
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    edited January 2019
    What about Ms/Captain Marvel (and Khan)? They are from this planet, and only when their DNA infused with that of the Kree did she get her powers. Similar scenario where the FF had their DNA altered by cosmic powers. She could be considered a science or cosmic based on what has been brought up by @Sabrefencer
    What about Ms/Captain Marvel (and Khan)? They are from this planet, and only when their DNA infused with that of the Kree did she get her powers. Similar scenario where the FF had their DNA altered by cosmic powers. She could be considered a science or cosmic based on what has been brought up by @Sabrefencer

@General__Ross Captain/Ms Marvel had her DNA fused with Mar-Vell, an alien. It wasn't caused by a scientific expirement like the FF.

Kamala Khan is actually an Inhuman, so like Medusa she is Cosmic.
    But you specifically said “come from other worlds.” Carol Danvers does not. My bad on Khan, thought she was human.
    But you specifically said “come from other worlds.” Carol Danvers does not. My bad on Khan, thought she was human.

She may be from Earth, but her DNA was altered to that of a Kree.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    This is why to understand their class choices you really ought to go read some of the comics.
    She may be from Earth, but her DNA was altered to that of a Kree.

As for the FF, their DNA was infused with cosmic energy

I do agree though. Doom should be mystic. The FF should be science or cosmic, or a mix
    It's like why they made Phoenix a Cosmic. While Jean Grey is a Mutant by birth, the Phoenix Force is a Cosmic entity that controlled her. Same with Symbiote Spidey and Venom and Carnage. All are humans at their core but the Symbiote is alien in nature.
    I understand Phoenix and the Symbiotes completely. They are different people altogether than Jean Grey and Brock/Kasady
  • FungeonFungeon Posts: 124
    Tech/Mystic hybrid. Similar to Karnak, his sorcery will help him reduce class disadvantage against Cosmic champs
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    This is why to understand their class choices you really ought to go read some of the comics.

Kabam does this.

I mean, Thor is clearly a skill champ. Clearly.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Buttehrs wrote: »

Kabam does this.

I mean, Thor is clearly a skill champ. Clearly.

Korg anyone? Def a Skill champ.
    I mean - ALL of his abilities clearly result from training 😒