**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Trials of the Alchemist

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Is it me, or did Kabam up the difficult of the Epic Trials ever since it's first introduction through the Trial of the Kings? These node match ups are ridiculous. Especially today's trial with Cornered, Rage, and Resistor. I want to say it's like they're punishing us for giving us 5* shards and sig stones for only 3 fights.

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Dig ston is random and. The node is fun im Not gone be happy for tomover that gone be hard.
  • Options
    TeddersTedders Posts: 128 ★★
    haven't done todays yet, but from those nodes i'm thinking about bringing in voodoo and ronan and cheese it
  • Options
    TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Can’t recall if they had epic difficulty before. They are doing some good combo of nodes - magik was very sad to see resistor combo with rage to weaken her L3. Drv still awesome even with cornered if not poison immune. Having Thor rag trigger unstoppable from the node like 3x in a row when I was trying to get his PG to end was annoying though haha

4* SW probably does just fine as well
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    The combination of nodes does make it feel more difficult, the random nature of champs (from within the pool for each quest) also creates variables.

I had to use a couple of revives on today’s quest cos I had Heimdall as last champ and the power gain was taking him to SP3 within 5 secs of the start of the fight. I’m lucky in that I’ve got a 5/65 Stark spidey but without the right champs I can imagine some of the match ups to be pretty miserable.

Overall I’m enjoying these ones though, I must say.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I must have been lucky so far because I've cleared all days Epic with no items use. The matchups weren't too bad. Hopefully my luck continues. Had Venonpool Gwenpool and Heimdall today
  • Options
    Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    Today on epic was pretty bad
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    without right champ (voodo) today would've be difficult. with that stupid power game change my boi Ronan wouldn't work, so I just did lower difficulty level. rng keeps giving me trash champ, and it's easier to except that some nodes with bs buff combo can't be covered with my roster, then to use a revive
  • Options
    gage201205gage201205 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Try mordo sould Barb, Dr voodoo sp1, Morningstar sp2, magik
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    The previous trails didn't have an epic difficulty, trails of the mad titan and trails of the king only had up to expert difficult that gave 300 5* shards. It's supposed to be harder it's a whole level of difficulty up and gives 500 shards daily instead of 300
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Voodoo made it fairly easy. If I hadn’t got taskmaster as a draw it would have been a breeze but his debuff limit made it a little harder but still not too bad really. Just need to be patient and play smart
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    They hav rightfully upped the ante ... some people have a full 5/65 team other have at least a full 4/55 team ... these teams need a challenge
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    They hav rightfully upped the ante ... some people have a full 5/65 team other have at least a full 4/55 team ... these teams need a challenge
    Challenge is good. Cheap is bad. RNG dependent difficulty even in epic is bad.
  • Options
    2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    Actually that combination of nodes make the fights really easy for any of Magik, Morningstar, Sym supreme or voodoo. Morningstar did over 80k damage on an sp2. That was a rank5 4star
  • Options
    Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Here's my suggestion, use this first week to guage which day you can do easily and which one is tough on epic. For the easy one keep doing epic and for the tough one start doing master. That way you save items and don't lose out on a lot of shards
  • Options
    Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Actually that combination of nodes make the fights really easy for any of Magik, Morningstar, Sym supreme or voodoo. Morningstar did over 80k damage on an sp2. That was a rank5 4star

I saw seatin's vid and his MS SP2 capped damage to 2.5% only
  • Options
    kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120

I think you forgot the one more node called RAGE which prevent the defender to lose more than 2.5% damage mine is rank 5 5* magic did only 2.5% damage.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
    Epic difficult was introduced in chilled challenge and now trials of alchemist... That means we are bout to see r3 6*
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    The trials are fine, it's just more.. RNG.. first day I got saber tooth and some other insane regeneration champ while others were getting old man Logan.

The difference in oml and st with masochism and recovery is massive.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Knowing how mesmerize works, I can't say I'm surprised, but it really sucks Kabam has stooped low to put that in. Fun and interactive content.
  • Options
    correborrecorreborre Posts: 37
    The quest was incredibly easy. The Rage node was a joke since it had resistor aswell. Cuz of resistor I couldn’t do enough dmg to get any rage stacks. 0 deaths for the quest, r5 ghost, Corvus and Emma as attacker’s. Wasp for synergy with ghost and sparky as back up (didn’t need him).

Quest felt as easy as the previous ones?
  • Options
    Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I'll just take the 300 shards and stay away from that epic nonsense.
  • Options
    Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    correborre wrote: »
    The quest was incredibly easy. The Rage node was a joke since it had resistor aswell. Cuz of resistor I couldn’t do enough dmg to get any rage stacks. 0 deaths for the quest, r5 ghost, Corvus and Emma as attacker’s. Wasp for synergy with ghost and sparky as back up (didn’t need him).

Quest felt as easy as the previous ones?

You got lucky.
  • Options
    correborrecorreborre Posts: 37
    edited January 2019
    You got lucky.

Don’t think so really. Suppose I got some great champs to choose from. Corvus, Emma, ghost, sparky, Medusa and blade at r5...
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Epic difficult was introduced in chilled challenge and now trials of alchemist... That means we are bout to see r3 6*

Diablo in epic is a R4 6*.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    correborre wrote: »
    You got lucky.

Don’t think so really. Suppose I got some great champs to choose from. Corvus, Emma, ghost, sparky, Medusa and blade at r5...

I mean heimdall on resistor is actually dumb if you make a mistake and die (tried evading sp2) next fight he had 18 persistent charges instant sp3. One shotted a full HP r5/65