**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question about the patch notes

ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
Why did they pick shock to rework and for these champs..... does this mean others are getting fixed (gr and incinerate)? Or is this as random as it appears?

Comments

• Options
    SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Ugh another Ghost Rider/Incinerate thread?
  • Options
    No. That was an example.
  • Options
    Do I now need to go back and add every single champ that has funky interactions with things that don’t make sense? Use your brain. Don’t be a jerk off the rip.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    An example that was already given and answered.

No plans at the moment.

Also it's not like that interaction is broken in order to get fixed. It makes sense either way
  • Options
    @will-o-wisp maybe I missed some stuff. I was just wondering if it was the beginning of a slow rework to add abilities. It makes sense that the thors and electro would have more in depth shock interactions. The ghost rider example was just the easiest example I could come up with, I don’t even have the champ.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    ManChild wrote: »
    @will-o-wisp maybe I missed some stuff. I was just wondering if it was the beginning of a slow rework to add abilities. It makes sense that the thors and electro would have more in depth shock interactions. The ghost rider example was just the easiest example I could come up with, I don’t even have the champ.

We can always assume that they are looking at the data and interactions every time they add a new champ. Keep in mind that just because it makes sense in your head, doesn't mean it's supposed to make sense to you in the game. There are tons of variables they work with and it's not a simple thing to rework for every new interaction.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I will never again ask a generalized question in general discussion without specifying exactly what it’s about with multiple, well thought out examples. Why in the world would I have done that...
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    It's mostly because there are already 100 threads on this, and most of them are answered already.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
    I think its cos new champs will focus on shock damage and they want little used characters to be the counter.
  • Options
    I will never again ask a generalized question in general discussion without specifying exactly what it’s about with multiple, well thought out examples. Why in the world would I have done that...

Your question wasn't "generalized" to be honest. It had a very pointed topic. You referenced the shock interaction and then called out the Ghost Rider incinerate damage, which has been discussed at nauseum. There is even a comment from Kabam Miike in the 21.2 discussion thread and he said they aren't working on it right now. The Shock update was for the node interactions coming for Map 7 and possibly for Act 6.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    They changed shock interactions because AQ map 7 had some shock paths so they are giving more options for those paths.
    As well act 6 could potentially include such style of nodes as well
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,177 ★★★★
    It is actually a good question, since they have been doing it since Mephisto with his incinerate and now Shock.
  • Options
    It is actually a good question, since they have been doing it since Mephisto with his incinerate and now Shock.

It was a good question the first time. 1000's threads later, its not a good question anymore.
  • Options
    Why did they pick shock to rework and for these champs..... does this mean others are getting fixed (gr and incinerate)? Or is this as random as it appears?

Read rje announcement and the comments. It's not that difficult