**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Proxima Intercepts

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
I’m struggling a little with the definition of what does and what doesn’t constitute an intercept for Proxima. Perhaps I’ve missed something in her info that limits intercepts to certain types of intercepts, but I often have fights where I complete what looks and feels like a clean intercept and it doesn’t register as one.

Any other Prox users with a similar experience?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,758 ★★★★★
    I believe is when you interrupt the opponent dash attack. You need to hit him before he hits you with it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I don’t know...maybe it’s only me, but it feels like on basic backdrafts it’s not as clear cut as it is with other champs (Magik, for example). I need to record a fight to see what I’m missing. Maybe it’s only on a medium dash attack that she triggers the Intercept mission counter.

Dr. Zola
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I believe is when you interrupt the opponent dash attack. You need to hit him before he hits you with it.

That's exactly that. When opp dash at you in attack, you hit him/her first.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    I don’t know...maybe it’s only me, but it feels like on basic backdrafts it’s not as clear cut as it is with other champs (Magik, for example). I need to record a fight to see what I’m missing. Maybe it’s only on a medium dash attack that she triggers the Intercept mission counter.

Dr. Zola

Not sure how you intercept on the back draft but for me it's really easy to do it with a light attack. It's very easy to do since proxima has such a huge reach. Hit into block dash back throw a light, if they don't immediately dash in you got lots of distance to be safe
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Dr. Zola

Not sure how you intercept on the back draft but for me it's really easy to do it with a light attack. It's very easy to do since proxima has such a huge reach. Hit into block dash back throw a light, if they don't immediately dash in you got lots of distance to be safe

That’s probably the best approach. Her long reach may be what throws it for me sometimes. I just worked in a few duels and only used L intercepts. Worked like it should.

Thanks

Dr. Zola
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    I’m struggling a little with the definition of what does and what doesn’t constitute an intercept for Proxima. Perhaps I’ve missed something in her info that limits intercepts to certain types of intercepts, but I often have fights where I complete what looks and feels like a clean intercept and it doesn’t register as one.

Any other Prox users with a similar experience?

Dr. Zola
    Personally I found when I'm trying to do that mission, not finishing a 4 or 5 hit combo easier to get AI to throw a medium.
    you want to not finish a 5 hit combo (2 to 4 hits) dash back, and see what the AI does. if AI follows you can medium or light to intercept, if not you can dash back again or wait. If you dash back and AI then follows you you can medium to intercept. If you see them throw a light attack and then you dash back, some champs follow with a medium more compared to others.

It's all about spacing and hopefully not a passive AI.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    What feels great to pull off is if you get an intercept, then swipe back, and get another intercept.
    Agreed to all of this. And it’s much easier for me with a champ like Magik it or Blade or Rogue. Proxima’s range is what I think makes it a little tougher to intercept.

Dr. Zola
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    When I use her, I hold block. When the opponent dashes forward, I swipe forward as soon as I let go of block. This usually works for me. Take your time. Only swipe when you feel comfortable.
    Cool @XxLoganTDCxX
    Thx
    Dr. Zola