**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on Heimdall

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
I have a r3 5-star of him (unawakened), and he's fun to play. Wondering if he's worth rank 4. His only competition on my roster for cosmic resources is a rank 2 5-star Corvus (unawakened), which I could take to r3 instead.

Comments

• Options
    ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    You’ll want heimdall ranked to 3 at least eventually. He’s pretty awesome tbh. The truestrike, stun, armor break, permanently stacking fury, precision(when duped).

That being said, corvus is still one of the best attackers in the game. I’m struggling to take him to 4 simply because I’m working on variant and don’t care for the fact that he loses charges and the variant fights will be extended. If you aren’t looking for someone who’s great in long fights, then go for corvus. He doesn’t need the dupe.
  • Options
    I agree about Corvus not needing to be duped. I have him as a 4/40 on my second account, and he clears paths pretty easily, so I am excited to see what my 5-star can do as a r3 or higher. I also agree that Heimdall's crits are lackluster, whereas Corvus on a path with mutants, avengers, etc., will transform into a destroyer pretty quick in terms of crits.

Well, eventually both will prolly be r4, but I think I'll take Corvus to r3 now, and then I'll have some time to decide which one goes to r4 as I gather more cosmic resources.

Thanks for the input, folks.
  • Options
    @zeezee57 I never compared. I actually leaned to corvus because of his impact in short fights. Heimdall has a ton of utility but never did I say he was better. I only said you would want heimdall ranked at some point. His truestrike is super reliable and doesn’t require risky play at all. As for stacking his buffs, heavy intercepting isn’t THAT hard on most champs. Even if you don’t stack, you can keep 3-4 going with consistent striking. Rip a l3 and your fury stacks will be stronger. Don’t sleep on heimdall. That’s all I’m saying.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I ranked up Heimdall over Corvus. No regrets.
  • Options
    ManChild wrote: »
    @zeezee57 I never compared. I actually leaned to corvus because of his impact in short fights. Heimdall has a ton of utility but never did I say he was better. I only said you would want heimdall ranked at some point. His truestrike is super reliable and doesn’t require risky play at all. As for stacking his buffs, heavy intercepting isn’t THAT hard on most champs. Even if you don’t stack, you can keep 3-4 going with consistent striking. Rip a l3 and your fury stacks will be stronger. Don’t sleep on heimdall. That’s all I’m saying.

I'm not sleeping on him. I love playing him and have him at rank 3. He was destined for r4 until I pulled a Corvus. I honestly would be happy either way.
  • Options
    @zeezee57 if you wanna send me your line or discord I’ll send you a 5/65 vid in war from an alliance mate.
  • Options
    ManChild wrote: »
    @zeezee57 if you wanna send me your line or discord I’ll send you a 5/65 vid in war from an alliance mate.

LINE = colcorndog

Thanks.

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    He’s just one of those champs where you either love him for his synergy/utility or you go with Corvus for the damage. Personally I prefer a consistent champ that ramps up a little to a champ that is good for 20 hits than loses all his usefulness.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    My corvus’ sp2 with 3 charges on average does around 30k alone, no boosts or anything. Basic medium hits do close to 3.5k. Along with a better bleed immunity, under the caveat that you have glaive charges, you can heal from the bleed with willpower, which Is super useful. Heimdall in the other hand completely shuts down Evade. Wait what’s that? With the proxima synergy Corvus does that too? Wow. Well...Heimdall can...stun....
  • Options
    I think my choice boils down to this: if Corvus and Heimdall were both at r 3, I would choose Corvus. However, being a relatively new player (less than a year) I have only two r4 5-star champs and would love to add a third to my AQ team, so choosing Heimdall would give me that soon, whereas ranking my r2 Corvus would take a while.

Thanks for all of the input.