**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Am I ready for Map 5? HELP!

Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
edited January 2019 in Strategy and Tips
So I've been in a map 3 alliance for a while now. I can solo some of the minibosses there, and I'd say I've got a decently diverse roster.

Champions of note:
  • 4* r4 champs - sig20 wasp, sig19 gwenpool, unduped Ghost Rider, sig41 Hulk, unduped Thor (Ragnarok)
  • planned 4* r4 champs - Carnage (not duped yet), unduped medusa, unduped voodoo, unduped Corvus
  • 4* r5 champs - sig57 Void, unduped Old Man Logan (yes I took him to r5, fite me (don't actually plz) )
  • 5* r2 champs - unduped Hela, unduped Angela (planning to take to r3), unduped Agent Venom
  • other 4* champs I would r4 if I had to - sig20 morningstar, sig20 black panther, unduped crossbones, unduped venom

So here are my questions.
Firstly, what do the various paths on Map 5 look like? What sorts of nodes does each path have and are there any champions of note to watch out for? In-game screenshots are fine, but please only include third party images if you require them to properly explain what you want to explain.
Secondly, which paths do you think I would be able to handle? Note that I haven't got much practice against Masochism, so take that into account if necessary. Also if you could include recommended teams to take for those paths, that would be much appreciated.

Also, I'm thinking of MAYBE moving alliances sometime soon. My current alliance has had to go down to tier 13 and 1 battlegroup in AW, so I'm looking for a place to go if I have to. What I really want from an alliance is the following:
  • Map 5 AQ at least once a week (if there is a path there that I could take) (see roster above)
  • Relaxed AW playstyle (2-3 battlegroups, no obligation to use items or boosts, preferably silver 2 or above)
  • Reasonably active in Alliance Events (hitting all 1-day milestones, final milestone on 3-day events, preferrably 200k+ on SA every week, or hitting rank rewards and holding on alternating weeks)
  • Preferrably Discord-based communication (I think I could handle LINE, but would prefer Discord)
  • Note that I live in Australia and am only able to be online around 10-12 hours each day. So if your alliance requires me to be available 24 hours a day, count me out.
If you think your alliance satisfies all or most of these criteria, please feel free to either contact me on Discord (Mathking18 #4471), LINE (Mathking18) or add your alliance's contact information to the end of your post if you're already answering my questions about Map 5 (if you're not answering my question, don't post your alliances contact info here.)

Comments

• AJ_Engel30AJ_Engel30 Posts: 159
    Map5 isn't so much about your roster, rather the collective Prestige of the alliance. The higher the Prestige the tougher the fights. So, in essence, if you join an alliance with members of similar prestige to yours and you have skill you will hang just fine. Although you will be better prepared with at least 3 R5 4*s or several 3/45 5*s. Also have to keep in mind alliance war and having enough champs to fill out a defense and have 3 more attackers.

As for your question about the paths, just search for the maps (Kingpins Conclave) and you can see for yourself.

Good luck!
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    I think with your current roster, map 5 may be a little difficult at your level... but as the previous poster mentioned, the difficulty of map 5 also varies with the prestige of your alliance.. at your level, an alliance that does 1 map 5 and 1-2 BGs of Map 3 may be a good way to test your skills.

One of the important issues about map 5 isn't actually the nodes.. (although that's important as well as having a bleed or poison or dual immune)... it's having the sustained health to complete the map and not use excess amount of health potions. Sustain health means keeping your champions alive to complete the map as a team. You can sustain health by playing well (the ideal! :) ) or by using champions that have sustain... ie Ultron, Blade, Wolverine, Dr Voodoo etc.. This is why you see so many Blade, Ghost Rider combinations...

So let's look at your roster, and here are some fine candidates to prioritize:

1. Ghost Rider 4* R4 - great job, MVP right here, learn to stack his judgements then parry, heavy and get tons of regen... Bleed immune!
    2. Dr Voodoo 4* to be R4 - always good but remember his regen is at the beginning of the fight and limited... he also has a smaller health pool... but he's a god-tier champ for a good reason..
    3. Angela 5* r2 - sustain and great damage.. she would be good.. but no immunity.. she is someone I would consider along with 4* Corvus and 4* Medusa... Corvus at r4/5 will do so much damage and end fights quickly... so you get sustain, plus he's bleed and poison immune while he has charges... Medusa is also very strong... All these Cosmics will do well versus Sentinels..

I lean towards Corvus for his efficiency... you'll finish the fight fast at the lower prestige AQ level you're currently in.

Finally, last tip for Map 5. Sentinels: Get use to minimizing analyses by doing MLM. If you swipe back and have time, tap a light attack to mix your attacks then go back to swiping back or blocking. For Corvus, MLM until you have enough power for an S2 and then finish the fight. Be patient and take block damage from Sentinels if you must, wait for an end of a MM or 5hit combo or a heavy, then dash back and evade then go in and punish.

Patience is key.

Good luck!!