Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Iceman on Epic difficulty of trials Bugged?

Player9876Player9876 Posts: 32
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
So fought iceman on the spite node in day7 trials Epic difficulty. I used my r4 5* Starlord at full health, I knew i would take damage but he’s always outlasted every iceman I’ve fought. Not this one. I got in ONE 5 hit combo. ONE, before coldsnap killed me. This is complete nonsense.

g9fpc3mbwm08.png
tg8cky0mlogl.png

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,254 ★★★★★
    That's normal. Good luck. =)
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    So you didn't bring a counter to one of the most annoying possible matches you could get in that quest and it's whose fault?
  • Options
    Instead you brought SL and aegon, with SL in particular being a counter to no one with his completely absent utility. At least with aegon if you had some hits on his meter you could clear coldsnap quickly with tenacity
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Definitely entitled to compensation for his bad life choices
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    So you guys can see who your fighting in this event before you select your champs to use? 😳 😂
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    If you're using the boosts you should have like 10% HP after it wears off. I Solod him with a r4 Vision who has 25k HP. ONly about 3k more than your SL.
  • Options
    JRock808 wrote: »
    So you didn't bring a counter to one of the most annoying possible matches you could get in that quest and it's whose fault?

And if you don't have st or Corvus or imiw at a level that can handle 200k hp, 12k ark, insanely nodes iceman then what? Just take the L because of bad design? And people wonder why others get frustrated at both the game and the community...

It's completely possible to have a strong roster but no coldsnap immune.. and it's instant death. Dorm is just as bad, if not worse if you don't have a strong gulk.

Corvus, imiw, Sabretooth, Mephisto, Emma, one of the shrugg off champs, ghost, etc.... There are multiple options now unlike when ice Phoenix was in EQ. Could even use aegon to shrug it off if he had a decent combo going, which he had.
  • Options
    Manup456 wrote: »
    So you guys can see who your fighting in this event before you select your champs to use? 😳 😂

No but there are graphics made that show you the possibilities. Bring champs for worst care scenarios and play around the rest if you get lucky and don't roll them. It's not complicated.

The guy brought SL which is a counter to absolutely no one. That's just poor planning
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    And if your roster isn't developed enough to have at least one options for those fights, then the difficulty is just too high for you. Don't know what to tell you other than deal with it and hope your roster is better for the next challenge
  • Options
    Something isn't "bad design" because you personally can't beat it.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★

Cleared my epic today with the stupid iceman no problem, that doesn't mean it's not bad design. Being able to complete something doesn't mean it's "good design".
  • Options
    It's designed for the players with the most diverse roster options or the ability to overcome a lesser roster. I see no problem with it
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It's designed for the players with the most diverse roster options or the ability to overcome a lesser roster. I see no problem with it

This sounds a lot like "this is designed for people that can afford to get every new champ and/or use as many consumables as needed".

I'd say that's bad design in itself, but I digress.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Not really you seem to forget that some people probably don’t have any of the required counters what should they do
  • Options
    webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192

are you saying that Seatin's roster is not strong enough?
  • Options
    webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192
    JRock808 wrote: »

Cleared my epic today with the stupid iceman no problem, that doesn't mean it's not bad design. Being able to complete something doesn't mean it's "good design".

totally agree. I personally have 5/65 Corvus, 5/65 void, 5/65 domino, 5/65 IMIW, and breezed through epic easily every day without any item use. but that doesnt mean I cannot see how iceman can be totally unfair to players (even the strongest like Seatin). I can still acknowledge the issue and sympathize with other players.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,254 ★★★★★
    Couldn’t you just bring a Rogue?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,247 ★★★★★
    Also hav much blok danmged didt u take
  • Options
    webtswx wrote: »

are you saying that Seatin's roster is not strong enough?

Or he made a terrible team selection...
  • Options
    WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Yeah that was pretty rough. Utility is key anymore but I sympathize with you. He was a beast of an Iceman.
  • Options
    EggsandbaconEggsandbacon Posts: 44
    riapmtjm1jy8.jpg

I got done over with the iceman on epic as well I have a counter but after receiving the in game message giving out compensation because of the unintended difficulty, I thought that must have been for the iceman, morningstar and dormammu saga and that meant kabam saw the error of their ways and removed them from the final day... I should have known better.
  • Options
    Guy_NoirGuy_Noir Posts: 31
    At least the Iceman has power gain so if you do survive the coldsnap he has a decent shot of jumping to 3 bars and killing you anyway lol.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya I got that matchup too and with no good counters on my roster it was the wall for me. Every other week I've had no issue.

Honestly though cheap I'm ok with this being a thing. What I dont like is overall with trials can be very easy or super difficult based purely on RNG draw of who you have to fight. Really bad to give rewards to folks on rng matchups
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    riapmtjm1jy8.jpg

I got done over with the iceman on epic as well I have a counter but after receiving the in game message giving out compensation because of the unintended difficulty, I thought that must have been for the iceman, morningstar and dormammu saga and that meant kabam saw the error of their ways and removed them from the final day... I should have known better.
    That was for masochism on the first node was countering spectre

• Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,464 ★★★★
    Belfigor wrote: »
    epic is for potion users, just spam more potions and give kabam more money
    it works as intended

Spent No potions on yesterdays trial of the alchemist on Epic
  • Options
    EggsandbaconEggsandbacon Posts: 44
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    riapmtjm1jy8.jpg

That was for masochism on the first node was countering spectre

Never knew that thanks for the insight the spite node is still a joke I find it too coincidental that it appears that a large majority of people run into them.