**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Buffing weaker synergy types (Health,Armor,BP, Power Gain)

PlatypusPlatypus Posts: 60
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Something that always bothered me about this game is the fact that some synergy is just a lot better than other. As in Crit scales in the game, a lot better than bonus hp just because Precision+Cruelty being the best 10 points in the skill tree.

There are always exceptions to what I am about to say do to a huge variety of heroes. However, some synergy is consistently a lot better than other.

1) Crit Synergy

By far the best synergy in the game. It is technically a lot better than Attack/Crit Damage due to the simple fact that many heroes rely on Critical Strike to proc their special abilities. Otherwise, it is kinda the same but clearly better than the other 2 damage synergies.

2-3) Critical Damage is similar to Attack boost but better in some situations

Some of you may think that Critical damage and Attack boost end up being kinda the same, but it's not completely true. You see you can easily get 30-40%+ crit chance among all 5 heroes (not even counting crit chance from abilities ) and then if you compare 6% attack to 25% divided by about 2.5 you get like 10% damage boost instead of 6%. It depends on what team you have but Critical Damage is at the very least same as an attack or better.

4-7) This one is kind of a tie between Health, Armor, Perfect block and Block Proficiency. Depends on a hero.

All of these scale worth just because Precision+Cruelty is a whole lot better than anything you can get from defense tree.
They kind of create similar benefits in solo play. However, Health and Armor is better for the defense team in AW.

Also if you like me and like to live your life by Double Edge. It does not matter how much defense you have because Recoil/Health loss is proportional to whatever life you have. I can have +300% Life , I will still loose same % . That's why KABAM you need to make Double Edge actually cancel the hell out like you said it would ( not -14 HP per sec on 4/55 5 stars)

-Power Gain- Now I know that some heroes perform very well with power gain ( especially on defense ) The problem with Power Gain is overall consistency among other heroes. Just because I have a lot of meters does not mean I want to use it ( you do not always want to give enemy too much meter right ) Besides even if you use it on defense it will only cause a big problem if you have a specific defender. You talking about Magic,Hyperion,Mordo and few other. Otherwise, 5% boost is really insignificant.

So here are a few suggestions

Health + 6% , Regenerate 2 health/per second . I really like that idea especially if you loosing HP over time with Double Edge. It would be really cool to stack a little regeneration. Even then it won't be as good as Crit synergy. Just shows how much HP bonus sucks.

Power Gain +5% , Special Damage +5% When you have a team of 5 heroes only a few of them get a significant buff from power based abilities passives. In solo play, it is not going to be as good as flat damage boost for all heros which buffs consistently. I think adding some special damage would sweeten the deal.

Attack + 7% Look Crit procs abilities ok . It is extremely better than Attack for those heros. So at least attack should be 7% to be better in some situations.

Armor+ 5% , Flat damage reduction +2% Just make it a little more reliable.

Perfect Block +5%, 5% damage reflection if it reduces damage to 0. Passive aggressive tactic. Make a perfect block team instead Yolo team that actually works well?

I don't have much experience with Physical Resistance & BP synergy. You would think it would be worse than Armor because it does not reduce bleed/Energy over time damage?

Anyway . I really get a salty face when I see some of my heros have Health,Armor,Power gain synergy. They could use a little love to even them out with offensive side that scales better with masteries.

Comments

• PlatypusPlatypus Posts: 60
    edited July 2017
    Yea, by the way, I still use % instead of flat values. Flat values make no flipping sense Kabam. Sorry they really don't. You have no idea how much they actually add.