**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is The Thing a good defender in war?

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
If so, where do you think he belongs in Tier 6 and in Tier 4?

Comments

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Based on initial impressions, the thing will be annoying for sure but is still manageable if you hit the thing till 15 rock charges then bait a special to remove his charges again thus preventing him from countering you with an unstoppable.

One possible node he can be OK on is all or nothing, so that he doesn't get baited at 15 charges.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Right. I was thinking he would be good on all-or-nothing. After his special 3, he goes unstoppable and unblockable and his attack goes up.
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Not so sure, blade kills him really easily. Also killmonger gwenpol and those bleeders. Time will say.
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Wait until you see him on all or nothing cause i honestly don’t know how to deal with that...
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Thing will go great on all or nothing
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I would not bother placing him deadpool x force or cyclops is the much better choice for AW defense. From my point of view, may be different then yours though.

Not sure what point of view you have. Are you facing a brick wall? Cyclops or dpxf a better choice? Lol. That’s good stuff there
  • Options
    Welderofortune2Welderofortune2 Posts: 139
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    I would not bother placing him deadpool x force or cyclops is the much better choice for AW defense. From my point of view, may be different then yours though.

Not sure what point of view you have. Are you facing a brick wall? Cyclops or dpxf a better choice? Lol. That’s good stuff there

He asked for defense purposes, I may go up against him so from my point of view they would be preferable to his placing the thing. Now his point of view would be different...
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Maybe stun immunity will be really good too?
  • Options
    johara84johara84 Posts: 145
    Right. I was thinking he would be good on all-or-nothing. After his special 3, he goes unstoppable and unblockable and his attack goes up.

We've placed a 5/50 there for 3 wars. His kills were 5, 0, and 2.
  • Options
    I’ve placed Thing twice and gotten 2 kills each time. That’s pretty freak’n good at tier 5.
  • Options
    And of course the attacker is bringing an r4 and 6* Hawkeye this war so no way he’s getting a kill.
    He’ll be good on AoN until people start bringing Hawkeye. Then, I’m not sure where he’ll be good