**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Marvel's 80th Anniversary Discussion

Geo10megGeo10meg Posts: 21
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
In 1939 Timely Comics (we know them as Marvel Comics) were invented by Mark Goodman and this year we celebrate the anniversary of one of the biggest comic companies in the world (alongside Dc Comics).
So I decided to open a discussion, where we can discuss all things about Marvel.
I will start by saying my total respect goes to Steve Ditco, Jack Kirby & Stan Lee. Without these 3 men Marvel would never have succeeded and I think we can all admit that. Only thing I want to mention, is that most people believe that Stan Lee is the only one that devoted his life to writing and I feel like Jack Kirby and Ditco are not being recognized much, just because the audience does not know themfrom the movies.
My Top 3 favourite Marvel movies have to be Infinity War, Iron-Man (the movie that saved Marvel from the bankruptcy of the "96) & Deadpool 2. As for the old ones I loved The Death Of Hulk, The Trial Of The Hulk and The Return Of The Incredible Hulk.
Marvel Future Fight, MCOC, Battle Lines and Strike Firce are some of my favourite mobile games, with Puzzle Quest coming close.
Infinity Gauntlet, Spider-Island, Secret Wars 2015, Infinity, Doomwar, Marvels, Infinity Wars, Disassembled, House Of M, The Messiah Complex and The Second Coming are some of the many comics I enjoyed reading.
In terms of animated series I grew up with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and I really want to see it continuing.
Favourite heroes: Emma Frost, Scarlet Witch, Adam Warlock, Cyclops and The Immortal Hulk.
Lastly my top 3 series are Agents Of Shield, Daredevil & The Gifted.
Let's discuss guys! Happy Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,811 ★★★★★
    It was Martin Goodman, but never mind.

It'd be nice to get Marvel's other two big characters from way back then in the game, along with Cap, namely Namor and the Torch. I know we're getting Human Torch, but I'd like the android one too. He was, after all, the cover star of Marvel Mystery Comics #1.

You're right that Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko don't get the credit they sometimes deserve. But I think that partly stems from Ditko shunning a lot of publicity at times and the fact his political views made him lose out on work (he was an Objectivist and would turn down working on characters who were morally grey. He wanted Heroic Heroes and Evil Villains and not shaded characters, like Punisher or Wolverine).
  • Options
    Geo10megGeo10meg Posts: 21
    It was Martin Goodman, but never mind.

It'd be nice to get Marvel's other two big characters from way back then in the game, along with Cap, namely Namor and the Torch. I know we're getting Human Torch, but I'd like the android one too. He was, after all, the cover star of Marvel Mystery Comics #1.

You're right that Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko don't get the credit they sometimes deserve. But I think that partly stems from Ditko shunning a lot of publicity at times and the fact his political views made him lose out on work (he was an Objectivist and would turn down working on characters who were morally grey. He wanted Heroic Heroes and Evil Villains and not shaded characters, like Punisher or Wolverine).

Definitely agree with you that MCOC has to add Namor & OG Human Torch in the game and they could maybe have a synergy along with OG Captain America, called "Invaders", making them the new unstoppable trinity. And while I don't agree with the opinions of Ditco, I can not deny that without his work Marvel would not be the same. Also sorry about Martin, got confused for a second.