**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question for Free to Play Players

MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
How much do you grind daily and what do you grind? If you are UC lvl 60+ and have been free to play for only a short amount of time what did you work on that got you the most progression?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Been F2P since started playing almost 4 years ago. Played all arenas to get at least the new 3-star champion, and all Basic champions when I didn't had them.
    Nowadays, I just play the 5-star featured arena to get the 1k 5-star shards. Don't do daily quests apart from the monthly event quest. Explore Master and UC, and just the completion on the other difficulties.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    I'm FtP since the beginning. Like previous poster said, I do every 3* arena for new champs and then Basic 4* when I don't have the champ. For a long time I was in an alliance that didn't do much, but I didn't mind too much. I do 100% Heroic and 100% Master and usually just Completion on Uncollected EQ (although Im shooting for 100% this month).
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I got every basic arena 4* "God" tier champ for like a year...that was the only way that my account was able to progress. After I hit uncollected and racked up a number of decent 5* champs, I completely quit arena, with the exception of pushing for 5* shards if I only need like 1k or less for a 5* crystal. You gotta hit arena hard early on if you are F2P and you want to build your roster without taking years to move forward in the game. Progression is pretty fast after hitting uncollected compared to before. I get anywhere from 1-4 5* champs per month (depending on what extra events are running) and a 6* every 4 months. It's definitely slower than if I were paying or if I were grinding arena, but I'm not about to invest that kind of time or any money into a game.

It's also a lot easier to be F2P now than it was before the current event milestones system, IMO. But F2P is always worth it. Never going to have regrets because never spent a cent on the game.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I’m F2P for a long time now since I started the game. I only arena a little then I typically do lower milestones to maximize gold/unit/BC. I grind to 2.5 mil in 5* feature(500 5* shard mark) 4* arena as I can after. Grinder arena a lot more once upon a time

I am a hoarder in game and with not paying for anything in game this is important. I keep all monetary resources at a min level (2-3mil gold, 100k BC, Units > 1500). Also I don’t buy any crystals in game(ok sometimes I cave but just one here and there lol).I constantly sit on a stash of 300-500 free crystals and run ROL in downtime when I have nothing to do to build heals pots

Also I only rank champs when they 100% add something to my team. I stick to the top champs in game as well as they cut down on pot/unit usage. I also build my teams to be well rounded. Many of my rank up decisions are actually forced because of expiring materials(currently have 4 t2a sitting in my stash while I hope for someone I find worthy).

I run uncollected/master 100% in first half of the month and then auto fight through heroic and normal over second half when I am doing other task(desk work, relaxing). I autofight heroic for shards and normal purely because it’s free units for no work.

In the second half of the month I also push the harder content(currently working through variant and just did first pass of LoL recently). I constantly push the harder content to get better but work to get through with minimal potion use.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    I do a lot of what's described above. F2P players need to be careful about resource management; and selective about who they rank up. I grind arena a fair bit - maybe I should cut down and spend time elsewhere!

Take notice of the 23-hour events, too. I wait for Hero Use, then autoplay through Beginner and Normal EQ for the extra units. Likewise, grind the arenas on Arena Wins days. The 4*Basic is the best source of units; the 5*Featured is the best source of 5* shards.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    I don't grind arena. Participate in AW and AQ. Always do Heroic, Master, and Uncollected. Always get at least the revive in level up and only level up during level up event.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    I am recently at level 60, but not uncollected. The best advice comes from Brian Grant, Seatin, and Dorky Diggety Dave and they generally recommend:
    Grind arenas for units and shards.
    Units only go to Masteries until level 60 and happy with set-up.
    Shards build the roster.
    Do Class and Basic Catalyst arenas anytime you are below max level (usually daily for me)

I leveled up all mid and god tier champs as often as I could, to build PI and earn milestones faster in Arena.

Seatin has a great video on how to succeed early in the game.
    He also did an extensive Youtube chronicle of his Free To Play Account.
  • sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    edited January 2019
    I’m free to play and elders bane working on 100% LoL, grind most arenas for all the gold milestones and maybe some more in the 4 star basic.
    You’ve got to learn to save those free crystals, spend units wisely and make most of solo events.
    I’d say you get the most out of eqs for sure but arena is defiantly the place for units if you want energy refills or revives