**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is magik overrated?

This is part 2 of my overrated champion series of threads. This is just my opinion. Magik is an all around amazing champion. I have her as a 5* and she helps me with a lot of content. I feel as though she is very overrated though. Her limbo ability as a defender is now useless as blade now exists and her nullify on her l1 and l3 are just a worse version of SS or MS nullify. Her l2 power control is what she is mainly known for. She has average damage and it usually takes a long time to complete fights with her. Unless you’re fighting Hyperion or a node that really needs power lock, I don’t see her being used that much. Thoughts on this?

Comments

• Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    She is everything Vision is but better. So she's correctly rated. But good try.
  • Options
    BruteForce75BruteForce75 Posts: 48
    I agree with @axelelf_1 She is rated perfectly. She has been around along enough that we know what her strengths and weaknesses are.

If anything she is slightly underrated because she is an older champ. I had an alliance mate who was hesitant to take her to r5, but did so and has not regretted it.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Y this series of questions...a top champ who u like is rated perfectly in your opinion but if u don't like that champ,u will feel that he/she is overrated...both sides have their viewpoints so I don't see a point of these questions
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I still consider her to be the best champion in the mystic class. Whether or not I’m overrating her, not sure.
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Magik is perfectly balanced. As all thing should be.
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Marvel2289 wrote: »
    Yes kind of people keep saying she is the best power control champion and she is not. Dormmamu is a better power control champion. Magik you have to combo all the way till you get to her special 2 before controlling power. Meanwhile technically you must do the same with dorm you can just m,m until you get special 2 then throw special 2 and full combo until power lock runs off then back m,m with dorm and the opponent will never have any power or the ability to throw a special unlike if you are using magik.

I used my rank 3 undup’d Dormammu in act 5.2.6 line D and vision synthesis was useless, majik never got to limbo and dr strange never got a bar of power. I also used him against SW and didn’t have trouble with her either.

One of if not the best power control champ in my opinion also. Better than Majik at least. Also good for nullifying Medusa fury build with sp1 instead of baiting/waiting it out while controlling her power gain.
  • Options
    Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    Most people consider magik underrated. Just saying
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Correction, I used my Dormammu on act 5.2.6 line C.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Yes kind of people keep saying she is the best power control champion and she is not. Dormmamu is a better power control champion. Magik you have to combo all the way till you get to her special 2 before controlling power. Meanwhile technically you must do the same with dorm you can just m,m until you get special 2 then throw special 2 and full combo until power lock runs off then back m,m with dorm and the opponent will never have any power or the ability to throw a special unlike if you are using magik.

Dorm hit so soft magik hit a bit harder with she sp2.
  • Options
    SuelSuel Posts: 279
    edited February 2019
    She s the best power control champion in thr game and prob the best mystic

Baiting specials is annoying af
  • Options
    YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    Magik is a big chunk of the reason I was able to complete and 100% act.
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    PiccoloSBC wrote: »
    This is part 2 of my overrated champion series of threads. This is just my opinion. Magik is an all around amazing champion. I have her as a 5* and she helps me with a lot of content. I feel as though she is very overrated though. Her limbo ability as a defender is now useless as blade now exists and her nullify on her l1 and l3 are just a worse version of SS or MS nullify. Her l2 power control is what she is mainly known for. She has average damage and it usually takes a long time to complete fights with her. Unless you’re fighting Hyperion or a node that really needs power lock, I don’t see her being used that much. Thoughts on this?

IS [insert champ name] OVERRATED? THE ANSWER MAY SHOCK YOU

Yep, this guy is dying for attention
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    You underestimate how valuable power drain + power lock is. She makes up her lack of damage with the fact that you can constantly attack with her and don't have to bait specials, not to mention that the Limbo damage adds up quite quickly. Just look at any Magik video and see what they do to opponents in the corner. There is a reason why she is one of the few that can one-shot 5/65 duped Killmonger on Node 29 in high tier AW. Her numbers may be low, but her DPS (damage per second) is actually quite high over the course of a short (3 minute) fight. Having the damage to oneshot that Killmonger on Node 29 within 3 minutes proves this.

You also fail to mention her duped ability when it comes to offense, allowing her to heal back bleed/poison damage makes her an ideal candidate to take on any bleed/poison/starburst/degen/etc nodes, as long as there is no heal block.
  • Options
    SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    Being a suicides user her limbo on special attacks helps negate the 5% special attack health removal.

She also is hands down the best power control champion. Just spam l2 and that hyperion is child's play. l2 usually lines up with the enemies l3.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

Except the fact that you take maybe 5x longer to kill the opponent.
  • Options
    1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    No, my bro has a r5 5* magik and he clears everything with her
    He almost soloed Korg aw boss one day with Magik
  • Options
    1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »

Except the fact that you take maybe 5x longer to kill the opponent.

Magiks sp3 nullify damage is insane
    Too bad dorm isnt a heavier hitter in some way or another