**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champion Buffs and Champion designs - Synergies

Hey guys,
I wanted to give my opinion about several champion designs and one change I'd like to see.
Looking at the variety of champions we have, it is hard to give all of them a purpose and I know not every champ is meant to be a so called "god tier champ".
One character design I really like is Ghost. She is incredibly overpowered, but she is also hard to handle. The synergies give her more utility (hood) or make her easier to play (Wasp). Even with her synergies she is not that easy to play, but if you take the time, practice and master her abilities, the outcome is extremely rewarding.
Then there are champs like quake and taskmaster, which have a high skill cap and are so different in comparison to other champs, it is fun to learn how to effectively play with them.

But then, there are champs like sentry. A champ that needs his awakened ability, a champ that needs his awakened ability close to 200 if you don't want to heal him all the time, which is pretty unique in the game. A champ with not much utility, but that demands you to play perfectly and the result is... underwhelming. He gets a buff, the second one already and he is still underwhelming. Why? Because he didn't get the buff, he only got synergies...Because it forces me to bring two champs with me that I don't wanna use. One of them is more of a defender than anything. So instead of giving him this Buff, so he becomes a decent champ, not a game changer, I am forced to awaken him, to give him all my sig stones, to play perfectly, to ramp him up, to heal him constantly until he reaches max sig and to take champs with me that I don't like just for a decent outcome (one of those champs needs the ramp up himself), well, that feels really bad and not fun at all, because he is my favorite character. Why do you make it so hard for me to have fun with a champ I'd like to play with?

I like what you did with red hulk, luke cage, venom and carnage and I'm looking forward to see what Gwen and She-Hulk will be like, but there is one thing that really bothers me; the synergy system. Synergies can make a great champ like blade even better, which is an amazing thing in my opinion. But lately synergies have been used to "buff" bad champs. This Synergies force you to take champs with you, that you don't want to use. So to come to my point. I'd like the synergies to be a nice bonus but not a must be. So instead of giving colossus a "buff" with synergies, why not just giving him the buff directly and a nice bonus as a synergy, like stronger armor for example. So what I'm suggesting here is to remove all the synergies that buff underwhelming champs and to give these attack and crit bonuses to the previously "buffed" champs and to create new synergies that are more like bonuses or extra utilities than must haves to play certain champs. Here two good examples: Corvus glaive is a great champ and his synergy with proxima midnight gives him utility against a lot of annoying defenders. Darkhawk's Synergy with Night Thrasher is another good example. Darkhawk doesn't need it to be a good champ, but is a nice bonus and cool to have. Here are two bad examples. If you are a fan of Colossus but don't like Emma or Omega, you need to bring them anyway, and that doesn't make him even a decent champ, he is still terrible. Another example is a popular one in the community, the winter soldier - killmonger synergy. Not only does it force me to drag killmonger with me (I mean he is a great attacker,, but also a great defender) I need a five star one for s good bonus. So if I wanted to use winter soldier, I'd need to wait until I get a five star killmonger, a champ I have been trying to get for almost a year. And this in my opinion is one of the reasons most players are using and ranking up the same champs. Because there are champs you can use right away and have fun with and then there are others that need other champs, just to be decent...Thank you.

Comments

• godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    edited February 2019
    I get the jist of what your saying yes not all champs are created equal but there is a logic I think that kabam are trying to balance the game and get people to use a variety of champs/techniques to complete content not just running 3 corvus glaives a ghost rider and blade but to clear content that requires a more varied roster and strategy as an example ie variant while it would be great to buff all champs to an amazing level what is the point when 8 out of the hundred plus champs are used by everyone and all the rest are arena fodder.
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87
    But this is exactly my point. Everyone is using the same champs. I’d like to use Colossus or Sentry competitively, but I can’t. Champs that are currently being used are the ones that cover the most ground in alliance war and alliance quest. But I can’t use Colossus and Sentry in one team, because they need 2 champions each to be decent. I want to use different champs, but I can’t because they need other champs that I don’t like so I end up not using them at all und using the champs everyone does.