**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Arena Matchmaking

Hello all,

I have been a bit frustrated and am hoping someone can shed some light. I started playing about 2 months ago (love the game) but I've noticed a recurring theme in Arena matches. Whenever I have above an 11-win streak, the algorithm matches me against players that is impossible for me to beat; thus resetting my reward multiplier to 0. I don't mind losing fights fair and square, but it seems to me that is unfair to penalize players for being on a hot streak. For example, above this 11-win mark, I would get paired against champions that are 2-3 times stronger than mine. That in itself can be challenging, but I don't think its necessarily THE problem. The problem is that it is impossible to win these matches. Many times I would grind these opponents down but ultimately lose because of their 3 bar attack. Again- I can stomach being bested one-on-one but is it fair to lose a match if you land 80 hits to their 15? Unfortunately, that is not an exaggeration, that example has happened many times. I'm not sure what the solution to this would be, but I am curious if anybody else is sharing this frustration. I love playing this game but for as much time as I'm investing in it I don't think its right to have matches that are literally unwinnable.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    This is completely normal and why it requires a larger and high ranked roster to do well in arena
  • Options
    OrangieOrangie Posts: 76
    You are looking for infinite streak and there are many places for help out there. There is an algorithm that can be overcome. Depends on arena you are in. Here’s link to overcoming t4b:
    https://amp.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/9zvisg/t4b_arena_infinite_streak_updated_for_112318/
  • Options
    niceguy22niceguy22 Posts: 22
    That is what I figured, but do you think its fair to penalize players with weaker rosters? I believe arena success should be based on skill and not how long youve been playing or what champions you have. I think It could be more balanced
  • Options
    niceguy22niceguy22 Posts: 22
    Orangie, thanks for the link. I dont usually do t4b but I will give it a try
  • Options
    _tokio__tokio_ Posts: 79
    I unterstand thats a pain in the butt for you. At some point you can keep up the winstreak only by using top teams which are usualy at least rank3/rank4 champs. Other then that you might search for how to bait special attacks in order to prevent getting demolished by sp3.

I know its a slow process building up a decent champ roster and keep leveling it. I hope you joined a decent aĺliance which supports your growing by achieving decent milestones/ranks in AW, AQ and Alliance Events.

Good luck in the Arena.
  • Options
    _tokio__tokio_ Posts: 79
    niceguy22 wrote: »
    Orangie, thanks for the link. I dont usually do t4b but I will give it a try
    Take it as a Template on how to approach the Arena and which teams you should bring at certain points within your winstreak to keep it up. Usualy this kinda works for other arenas as well. Not just the t4b.