**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

CAIW Aspect of War

Does CAIW not counter unstoppable from aspect of war? I just tried a couple times on uncollected EQ vs hyperion and it wasn't working despite having charges

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    It has never works one pasive.
  • xenu12xenu12 Posts: 43
    I wasn't aware that it was passive. Kabam's definition of passive is confusing.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    There are buffs and there are passives.
    His ability only works against buffs, as described in his infi
    I don't understand the difference. How is it not a buff? How is it passive? It's actively triggered upon using a special. Doesn't make sense to me.
    It doesn't act as a buff.
    It can be nullified by abilities that nullify buffs. It won't fuel Mystic Dispersion, etc. Is the same thing as Ghulk and Labyrinth Enrage unstoppable, but instead of lasting 1 hit or the rest ofthe fight it lasts just a couple of seconds.
    The icon is there to let you know when you can attack, and it looks different from the icons used for buffs and debuffs (that's how you see when something is a buff or a passive ability)
    It doesn’t act as a buff, but can be nullified by abilities that nullify buffs, except caiws? Still not making sense to me. Didn’t notice a difference in the icon, guess I wasn’t watching close enough
    I did a typo in my last post. I meant "It CAN'T be nullified by abilities that nullify buffs".
    My alliance mate did it with dv he said. I also just took damage with lc while indestructible. Pretty sure kabam needs to work things out atm
    Doctor Voodoo can power burn/drain with his special 2. Is a decent counter to aspect of war, since the enemy can't become unstoppable withouth using special attacks.
    Luke Cage indestructible is a buff and can be nullified. In what scenario you took damage? Against who? Nodes?

This may be an intended interaction that you're not aware of, and not a problem
    Ya the lc thing wasn’t a bug but my alliance mate didn’t say he countered them. He said he nullified it
    That's not true then. Voodoo isn't able to "nullify" the unstoppable from aspect of war.
    Apart from the power burn/drain on his special 2, if duped, he can lower the opponent's ability accuracy after launching a special on a odd combo. Reducing ability accuracy will reduce the chance for the enemy to trigger an ability.

If he said he was able to nullify it, then he is lying. What could be happening instead, is that he is avoiding the ability from triggering at all.
    Maybe. When I brought up the caiw thing my alliance started listing off the bugs they’d been experiencing. Maybe they’re making excuses. But this particular caiw case still comes down to a seemingly arbitrary distinction between what qualifies as “passive” and what qualifies as a “buff”
    You can see on their abilities list, if what the champion has or gains is a buff or not.
    Wolverine triggers regeneration buffs. Deadpool triggers both a regeneration buff (when below 20% HP) and has a passive regen for the entire fight.
    Limbo is a passive ability. It deals passive damage over time, and heals Magik at the end. This heal/regeneration is passive as well.
    Cap IW kinetic charges increases his attack, energy and physical resistance. They all are passive abilities that comes from the kinetic charge, and can't be nullified since they are not buffs. The kinetic charge as well is not a buff.
    IW IM armor's are passive. They can't be nullified, armor shattered (which only works against armor up buffs) doesn't prevent these passive armor's from triggering. Armor breaks only work on him due to the fact that is an ability of hiw own.
    So basically we need to memorize everybody and logic and basic linguistics play no roll in what qualifies as passive vs what is a buff, kabam arbitrarily decides
    I wouldn't say that about logic or basic linguistics, since it's pretty clear what an ability can do or not.
    But is something that gets better the longer you play the game. I have been playing since the beginning, so it was easier to understand these abillities since they were introduced slowly with time.
    edited February 2019
    I would say kabam is inventing their own language. There is no logical reason to claim luke cages indestructible buff is not passive. A buff literally means it is basically an upgrade, what exactly qualifies it as passive? I have been playing for 3.5 years and I think this is just silly
    I’ve paid hundreds of dollars literally, I like this game that much, but this is asinine
    Consider a "buff" an active ability. Then you have 2x tipes of abilities, one active and the other passive.
    His indestructible is a buff. It will interact as a buff. It can be nullified, avoided from triggering, it will interact with Mystic Dispersion and buffet nodes, it will interact with Ronan ability on stunned opponents and Morningstar sp2 ability to cause more damage when nullifying buffs.
    Creating a passive indestructible (Sentry, Thing synergy, Killmonger) is a way to not only reduce the possible counters for these abilities, but also to create scenarios where you can use them without hurting you (against buffet nodes, or basically anything that penalizes you for having buffs)
    @will-o-wisp u can revmove the Unstoppables via a dash acacky aka itersupe
    Gamer wrote: »

Yes, that's how the node works too. But you can't nullify it with a nullify ability (that are used to nullify buffs)
    Gamer wrote: »

Yes, that's how the node works too. But you can't nullify it with a nullify ability (that are used to nullify buffs)

That im away of has cler it. And has cler all UC when it stared. So. Ikow alot of the contest but somtimes the abilty is so confusing that anyoing dont help my english Not the Best either but stil understand the node
    edited February 2019
    Consider a "buff" an active ability. Then you have 2x tipes of abilities, one active and the other passive.
    His indestructible is a buff. It will interact as a buff. It can be nullified, avoided from triggering, it will interact with Mystic Dispersion and buffet nodes, it will interact with Ronan ability on stunned opponents and Morningstar sp2 ability to cause more damage when nullifying buffs.
    Creating a passive indestructible (Sentry, Thing synergy, Killmonger) is a way to not only reduce the possible counters for these abilities, but also to create scenarios where you can use them without hurting you (against buffet nodes, or basically anything that penalizes you for having buffs)

Yes that’s a fair description of the way things are, but not why. It’s an arbitrary distinction that doesn’t follow lexical definitions, it’s very confusing even for somebody who had played for years (me). It really doesn’t actually make any sense