**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What are the ODDS and DROP RATES for 4-star crystals?

What are the odds and/or drop rates for 4-star heroes? I know the game is tantamount to gambling but even slot machines have to print the odds of winning on the machine. I'm all for the gambling aspect of the game. It's what makes it fun; I get it. However, without knowing the odds, having the resources to calculate them myself, and Kabam not disclosing them, the players can easily be ripped off. For all we know, Kabam could change the odds based on individual spending habits to make big spenders spend more. Does Kabam treat its players fairly and equally in terms of rewards? We don't know.

I've been playing for two years and opened over 100 4-star heroes. Strangely enough, I seem to keep drawing Electro and BW and Luke Cage (all maxed). If the odds of opening any given hero are equal and the same per each spin, then there's no way I should have a handful of maxed and NONE of so many others.

Also, when featured hero crystals are offered, the text reads you have an "increased chance" to pull that hero. However, if Kabam doesn't clarify what that increased chance is, we can easily be ripped off. An increased chance of 0.1% is still technically an "increased chance" to pull a featured hero, but not really worth your units. Kabam may not be lying to us, but it is definitely being shady.

Thoughts?

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Well I guess it's time for this weekly thread again.

Kabam doesn't discuss/disclose drop rates. They are not the only people in the gaming industry that do it this way. In fact, I would say it's a more common practice to NOT disclose drop rates.

If you don't like it, don't buy crystals. Simple enough.
  • fabbassfabbass Posts: 39
    I really believe that the drop rates are not the same for every player. Maybe they have clusters of players with different drop rates for every cluster?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    fabbass wrote: »
    I really believe that the drop rates are not the same for every player. Maybe they have clusters of players with different drop rates for every cluster?

They're the same for everyone. Some get favorable drops. Some don't. It's a byproduct of RNG.
  • fabbassfabbass Posts: 39

They're the same for everyone. Some get favorable drops. Some don't. It's a byproduct of RNG.

Can you prove that? If no, dont be so shure.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Everything I've seen from the players that keep track of that sort of thing estimates that the drop rate is about 1% for a 4* from a crystal.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017

It is possible to prove the likelihood. For that, I would have to have access to the results of all Players. The idea that they are altered is subjective. It's based on personal bias. We do not receive the outcome we want and others do, so we assume it's rigged somehow. The conspiracy has been around as long as people have been rolling. The RNG will not allow for such alterations. There is only one RNG for everyone. Not separate algorithms for individual people or classifications.
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    5 more months until it will be revealed due to the Chinese laws.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Kabam doesn't discuss/disclose drop rates. They are not the only people in the gaming industry that do it this way. In fact, I would say it's a more common practice to NOT disclose drop rates.

Waiting for the it's all rigged thread bound to happen
  • fabbass wrote: »

that might be the dumbest thing i've heard so congratulations... i guess
  • it depends on the crystal
  • fabbass wrote: »

you are so stupid you gave me a headache... thanks mate, but obviously its the same for everyone but with 50.000.000 downloads obviously some of them get super lucky i doesn't mean the drop rates are worse luck maybe worse but that is just the dumbest thing i've heard
  • What are the odds and/or drop rates for 4-star heroes? I know the game is tantamount to gambling but even slot machines have to print the odds of winning on the machine. I'm all for the gambling aspect of the game. It's what makes it fun; I get it. However, without knowing the odds, having the resources to calculate them myself, and Kabam not disclosing them, the players can easily be ripped off. For all we know, Kabam could change the odds based on individual spending habits to make big spenders spend more. Does Kabam treat its players fairly and equally in terms of rewards? We don't know.

I've been playing for two years and opened over 100 4-star heroes. Strangely enough, I seem to keep drawing Electro and BW and Luke Cage (all maxed). If the odds of opening any given hero are equal and the same per each spin, then there's no way I should have a handful of maxed and NONE of so many others.

Also, when featured hero crystals are offered, the text reads you have an "increased chance" to pull that hero. However, if Kabam doesn't clarify what that increased chance is, we can easily be ripped off. An increased chance of 0.1% is still technically an "increased chance" to pull a featured hero, but not really worth your units. Kabam may not be lying to us, but it is definitely being shady.

Thoughts?

from my observation, and im somewhat guessing of course, but through opening PHC in batches i think that it could be around 3% chance for a 4*. i opened 100 and got 3. i opened 75 and got 2. i opened 60 and got 1. so from that i guess an average rate could be somewhere between 2-5% chance but im pegging it at closer to 3% give or take 1%. but 3/100 is 3%. ive only done that once but im saving up 100 again to test it out.
  • Sirnoob2 wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Waiting for the it's all rigged thread bound to happen

i mean technically it is rigged. they give it a very low chance so that people wont get them often so that they are tempted to spend money on units for whenever 4 star and 5 star "deals" come along. so yeah it is "rigged" against free players. not in the sense that they intentionally cheat people but that the rate of drop for anything good is so low that it tries to force people to pay money. if 4 star heroes had lets say a 20% drop rate though im sure people would actually buy more because they know they have a good chance of getting something good. i mean thats how i would have been encouraged to spend money. but the odds are too low